Roundup Time Yet

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Hannibal, Feb 13, 2017.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Rat and I are not on our way over there as we speak. :eek::

Can't wait to not see them guys.

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    When I left today between ,fishy, Nick, Joes boat we had about 60 fish while Joe had the biggest around 25 pound blue. We had a couple flats some channies and blues, nothing over 18 would be my guess in our boat. Archer, you never see their fish so we just have to go by what they say.:D

hopefully the boys will do good in the morning and I am gonna bring up real bait hopefully they will have the holes cleared out and we get in the bigguns;)

3. henry

Archer is gonna win this thing this year. 25# is no step for a fisherman of his skill set.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    it was great not seein you again this year Henry...thanks for all the help cleanin fish....:D.....another roundup in the books....another great time.....I am tired ol coot....got a cooler full and the work starts cleanin em up and , I like freezing em in tubs of water, no freezer burn......Me and captain Fishy were a two man crew half the time, poor ol dog got crud sick....or we made him walk the plank.....:D.....flatheads were not to be had this year, two is all we got, so we loaded the boat with channies for Hanni and a lot of medium sized blues, 30 pounder was our best.....we also caught a tagged cat, first for me and Fishy, he turned it in and got 25 bucks.....not bad.....:D

5. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Ok I'll add a report from the "other" boat. We had four guys in our boat so we had 33 more hooks so we prolly caught more fish. We only landed one flathead a 6 ish pound female with eggs. We caught the hell out of blues ranging from 4 pounds up to 30 pounds with quite a few in the 15-20 range. We also caught a bunch of channel cat. One thing strange this year is that of all the blue cat we cleaned I don't think a single one had eggs. That fact along with the lack of flathead for our boat and bens boat makes me think the best fishing for flathead and the bigger sized blues is yet to come.

We ate REALLY well every day...seafood, brisket, lasagna, cheeseburgers, prime rib, ribeyes and more seafood. Lots of beer was consumed and as always franks bloody Mary's were awesome.

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    Well lets say still not over the crud,went the chiro today those parts are feeling much better. Now on to Fishies check list

[DIDNT SEE ONE ]

Now things he needs to learn next year

How to attach gas line from motor to gas tank

How to clean mud doppers nest out of the pee line from the water pump so he doesn't freak out:D

Hopefully he will have a new trailer by next year but of course he said that this year;)

Fishing sucked if you aint catching big flatties it just sucks:(

All in all he did pretty good ,we made it back and forth on the water with no real problems, the boat stayed on the trailer going back and forth the whole trip. although I have got to admit that's better than another boat did, I wont say who's but they sure didn't call us to help them out for some reason :D

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    don't forget stopping to pick your cooler and other stuff that flew out of the boat on the way back to the resort.....scattered on the highway....:D....that other boat did catch some dandy blues on the last day....our new helper/fisherman came down from cheese country.....great guy...lots of stories...hope he comes back for more.....even though Archer tossed a cat next to him and it stabbed him with a horn in the foot....initiation I guess...:D....good thing the loos of a prop happened on the last day for that other boat.....we only hit one log this year...no damage.....:D

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    finally found my camra...it was hiding under a seat in my truck, thought I left it at the lake......got a couple picks.......first off there seemed to be an issue with bait this year...yote wasn't happy with Fishy....his bait was....well...you be the judge...LOL

Attached Files:

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    here is another, from the cleanin station....morning after runnin the lines.....luv them channies...:D....ooops, that Fishy with a couple nice blues.....:D

Attached Files:

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Had another GREAT time not showing up again this year. Henry and I are definitely hooked now and looking forward to making this an annual occurrence! :D

You guys always seem to make the best of things and have a great time. :cheers:

11. henry

I agree 100% . I can't remember a time I enjoyed not being somewhere more. Next year we need to not take a prime rib for the first evening we aren't there. :cheers:

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    We also need to remember to forget the spaghetti-o's next year as well. They were hypothetically delicious.

13. henry

Excellent point. The chef boy out did himself and got a good scald on those.

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    That is chef Boyardee

On all things fish, I always say trust the Gortons fisherman.

Attached Files:

15. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Yote wanted to have it weighed so he could claim the state record trot line crappie :rolleyes:

16. henry

It was well below record size. He would have just been disappointed.

On a side note ,,, it was good not seeing you again this year. :D

17. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    A pleasure as always, we bout ran out of squeezed corn as it was :eek:

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    I think it was a new "Amrish" method of crappie fishin.....:D......oh ya ...the prime rib was awesome this year......:D.......Henry you and Rat make sure to put it on the not to do list again for next years roundup.....:D

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    Fishy that ol corn juice was great, plus the rotten sugarcane....:wave:

20. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Was some fine rotten sugar cane :D