Round-up (Southwest version) results

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by PHhunter, May 27, 2009.

1. PHhunter

PHhunter MOD-ER-ATOR

Jan 22, 2007
    Woods.
    We'll soaked the lines for two nights and basically one day total. We couldn't find the big flat heads as we only caught one and it was about five pounds.(Tried two of parker's marked spots on his hot map along with my local knowledge). Either the big flat heads weren't there or they weren't bitting.:confused: We did end up with several nice channels along with the one flat head. We did pull in today one of the biggest channels I have caught. I would guess him at 12-15 pounds. Here's a crappy cell phone pic.

[​IMG]

All in all it was alot of fun. These were my two helpers by the way. Pretty good help!

2. brushpile

brushpile New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Springfield, MO
    Looks like you have a couple proud fishermen.:claphands:

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  4. PHhunter

PHhunter MOD-ER-ATOR

Jan 22, 2007
    Woods.
    Bump fpr Parker.

Talked to my local guy again friday at a bass tournament. Turns out he was running lines the same time I was and in the same general area. He had no luck except channels and blues. He did say his friend was even further up the river and caught two 40 pounders on the same line. Its wasn't extremely shallow 13-15 ft the whole way in the channel. My bass boat made it just fine. He said they really slay 'em about the time they start harvesting fescue. So mabye I'll try again!:cheers:

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :cheers: That's a GREAT channel cat! Thanks for sharing the pic of that bad boy!

We're having problems catching flats in any numbers too. Seems to be a tough year. :shrug:

There's a fence here locally that's full of a lot of flathead heads. That feller must have some GOOD secret spots. :cheers:

Parker

6. tometusns

tometusns New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    swmo.
    :2thumbsup:like seein kids involved in the action....they look pretty proud holden those cats:2thumbsup: