Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass pro advertising the rossi trifecta youth gun, interchangable. .22 LR, .243 win, 20 ga.

under 300 bucks!

What does everyone think about this setup? I am thinking about this for my kids, 3 youth guns in one for under 300 bucks sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
the 22 and 20 ga are good but ive nothing but bad things about hte .243, something about crowning or too short of barrel to light of bullet something causes the bullets to tumble. I was told going to the heaviest bullet that you can find will not cause the bullet to tumble as fast.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cabela's also is running a similar add, but I think they beat BPS by $20 for the Friday after Thanksgiving sale. They had 2 versions, the kid version with a .223, 22, and 20 ga and the adult version had a .243 I believe.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Actually a guy give me a .243 barrel for my encore so that will take care of that. And for the price I got to "add" a m/l barrel, I can buy a pretty nice CVA for them to shoot.

·
Keep calm and Chive on!
5,830 Posts
Dont know about the Rossi, but I got the New England Arms in the 20, 243 combo for my kids and I really like it. The 243 will hold a 1" group at 75 yds. Have not had any trouble with the bullets tumbeling. The price sounds good, and resale on a youth gun is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts