Rossi Centerfire Revolvers

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Gakic24, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Gakic24

Gakic24 Active Member

Thoughts or Expierence?

2. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

I don't see why they would be any different from a Taurus. Now whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate :pop:

Some people like them, some people don't. The ones that don't complain of broken guns and long repair times (Taurus that is...and a Rossi is a Taurus [or visa versa, I forget]).

You don't hear much about Rossi :thinking:

3. adaman04

adaman04 New Member

Mar 21, 2009
    NEMO
    I wouldn't. Depending on what you are looking for, hunting around for a good deal on a Ruger or used S&W would be a better route IMO.

I've got a Taurus 94 .22 revolver because the only competitor is the Smith 617 that they want way too much for for what it is, again IMO. Of the lower end revolvers I'd look at Taurus before Rossi or Charter Arms. But Ruger and S&W before any of those.

4. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    I had a Rossi snub in 32 for years. Never a minutes trouble. Traded it off and kicked myself ever since!

5. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I've got a 3" .38 snubby, it belonged to my late brother. It's been a solid little gun, nothing special, but sturdy and solid. It shoots very well, putting 158 LRN bullets right to point of aim (it's off with HPs, but not much). I've killed prairie dogs with it out to about 50 yards, even, not bad for ANY snubby.

No, the Rossi isn't as slick as an old Colt Detective Special, or even a Smith Chief's Special, but it's a good little gun. IMHO. Besides, it was my brother's, and he's not around any more. His Rossi IS.

6. dnj21

dnj21 Member

Nov 15, 2007
    New Bloomfield
    I inherited a 4" SS .357 from my father last year, but haven't really shot it much. Compares to the Taurus I owned years ago in college, nothing special but has huge sentimental value...

7. Gakic24

Gakic24 Active Member

Cabela's has em starting at $299:eek:

8. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Rossi is owned by Taurus now.