ROSS looks like the winner! Which model?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Nicholas, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Tribute v/s Ross CR 331, what do you think folks? I was at Gateway today in hopes of getting set up with the Tribute, $699.00, and the rep there was pushing the Ross. What do you folks think? He just confused the heck out of me when I thought I had decided then another wrench got thrown into the mess..... What about that price for the Tribute? It is the only place local I have found that had one. I prefer to purchase local. Thanks in advance for any help!
    :pop:

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Buy the Ross!!! Made right here in MOMO land. I have heard NOTHING bad about Ross other than the fact that they are slightly slower than other models in the same price range. They come straight from the factory with Winner's Choice strings...big plus! Do you like the short ATA bows? If you have a long draw length there are problems that might arise from the short ATA. They also make the 334 which is a 34", and the 337 which is a 37". For that matter, they also make the 328 which is a 28". Get in touch with DSG, he's a staunch supporter. U2U me if you want his number.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    As a recent Tribute owner, I guess I am obliged to vote bowtech. I love mine! I have not shot the ross though..

I concur with jm above.. heard nothing but great reviews about the ross. The comparison is a frequent argument on archerytalk. The ross MAY be a bit easier on the pocketbook.. but not much.

Either way, its a heckuva first step into archery. Not sure how much experience you have, but I can say that the tribute is a pretty forgiving bow to shoot.

DSG will have plenty of great advice re. the ross.:dancin:

4. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Never shot the Ross but I love my Tribute!

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Jay.. did you get satisfaction on your peep troubles and stuff?

6. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Part of me was hoping you folks would say the Ross was cra*, but no, it turns out to be talk of the town. Now I really am in a quandry! Hmmm, Bowtech, Ross, Ross, Bowtech! Shi***********************************!
    :bangin:
    Rat, CFD, what do you folks suppose I could get out the door with options? Also, any ideas on anywhere else this is sold local? I would like to get one this weekend! Which one? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks around $900.00 to me, can't spend too much.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I bought my Tribute at Dunns in Pevely MO.. very nice folks there and you wont be dissapointed. I dont know if they sell Ross or not but I'm sure they can order one for ya if thats the way you end up going.

Options? This is what pumps the price on these bows but I can say you get what you pay for. Are you intending to just 3D with the bow or do you want to set it up for hunting?

DSG, jmmcguire, alwyshtn, mobowman and many others on this site can do wonders with all the accessory choices and options. Otherwise, try archertalk.com for a littany of reviews and opinions.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Hunting! As for add ons, I go simple, not cheap, but simple.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
  10. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    $540.00! What the deuce! You gotta be kidding me, I'm retired with a kid on the way, how the heck am I supposed to afford one of those and get it past the CFO? Holey cra*, does it shoot for you as well?
    :bangin:

11. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Rat, I finally fixed the peep myself. I also, after 2 weeks, got my free arrows. Rumor has it these guys are going through some serious growing pains. With the popularity of the interenet deals, they are trying to catch up to all the business they are getting.

Nicholas, depending on what you end up spending on the bare bow, I'm thinking 900 is a good number give or take a few bucks.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Give or take a few bucks, a few hundred bucks!
    :)

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    LOL.... I thought you'd like that. I wouldnt pay no $540.00 on a sight for a bow!! Drather buy another gun for that money.

Take your time and research/test different sights.. plenty to choose from.

14. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    v/s Matthews v/s Parker v/s Diamond

OK folks, now what do you think about Matthews, Diamond and Parker bows? It seems the more stores I go to the more brands there are to shoot. BTW, perhaps it is my experience level, or my inability to be impressed, but I have not found any major difference between the bows in the 6-$700.00 range. Please help on the Matthews v/s Parker!
    :pop:

15. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    The Diamond is like the J.V. Bowtech. Bowtech owns them and they are essentially the same bows. I'm not familiar with matthews or parker. I do know that depending on how avid of a bowhunter you are, a Diamond is a great bow for the guy on a tight budget.

16. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    I plan on hunting quite a bit with this bow, I need something bullet proof! Quality for the money is what I am looking for. Just want to know walking out of the store there are no second thoughts and that I did my research. Anymore thoughts folks!

17. redline925

redline925 New Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Hannibal
    I have shot my parker for about four years now. I love it. Bow is extremely silent right out of the box and very lightweight. If I was buying a new one i would buy another parker. Not the fastest bow I have ever owned but definately the best shooting one so far. I have owned Hoyt(will never own another one), PSE, Martin, and this parker. Its whatever shoots good for you for the money in my opinion. One thing I can give advice on is this, Buy the bow you like, Dont look at the name on it.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Name does not do it for me, quality and long lasting reliability do!

19. redline925

redline925 New Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Hannibal
    The last hoyt i had i broke four sets of limbs before they finally took it back at the factory and put me a set of completly new limbs and limb pockets on it. That was fine and dandy and glad they did but the camo on the limbs was different than the camo on the riser. Oh well didnt have any problems after that with it because i sold it :rotfl:

20. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    So much for that one! Actual experiences with Ross, Diamond, or Matthews folks?