Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
IS THIS A DONATION TO THE SILENT AUCTION AT THE GET TOGETHER??????????????????????????????

We've been DYING to get something like this donated to the silent auction!!

Please don't say it ain't so!!!!!!!

kbaknife? :pop:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Did someone say that kbaknife is donating a knife? I would bid on that!
:pop:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before I put up a knife for auction, I would need to know where the money is going and why.
Knives are how I put butter on my bread, and I ain't rich!
I truly am just a poor ol' country boy.
I was on our local NWTF committee for 5 years and each year the local NWTF would actually BUY the knife from me at a very reduced rate to cover my expenses and time, minus my normal profit, and they kept everything OVER my costs.
Toss that around.

·
5,632 Posts
kbaknife, the proceeds would go to fund hunts for disabled hunters here on MWT.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Originally posted by kbaknife
Before I put up a knife for auction, I would need to know where the money is going and why.
I was on our local NWTF committee for 5 years and each year the local NWTF would actually BUY the knife from me at a very reduced rate to cover my expenses and time, minus my normal profit, and they kept everything OVER my costs.
Toss that around.
I'll toss it around, throw something out there and let me bid on it! Do you understand that sometimes we just need to suck it up and give a little or give a lot! You must have a blem, or something that someone lost their deposit on that we folks would just drool over. You do some great work, lay it out sir!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

Toss that around.
Sounds like you have a lot in common wiff a lot of us. :cheers: Especially the owner of this site! And he does all THIS for us for FREE! How cool is that? :cheers:

Lets work something out for a later event! How's that sound?

I'll stay off my soapbox about all the people that donate dollars and time on this site and don't even have the potential of making a dime off of what they do. But they do it anyway. It's awesome!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
kba,

I'll assure you that this place doesn't work off of a budget like NWTF (size wise), nor does any leader in this place pull any of the money for special hunts to cover any type of costs other than directly (not indirectly) to getting those guys out there to hunt.

NWTF is first and foremost about raising money at those auctions. This place is about providing hunts for the less fortunate.

I still understand your position, and understand that the cost of the materials and your time would be your cost directly. And if you don't want to do it, be sure that no one is forcing you.

Parker

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
We all just think that you do one He!! of a job on those knifes and would be blessed to even have a chance to bid on one (at least I do) ! Great knifes for sure!:cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I am just always going to push to make sure everyone on here understands that there is a HUGE difference in collecting money for hunts on here, and the way that other larger organizations such as NWTF and DU collect money. There is a night and day difference.

Parker

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
whats the cost of you breaking even on a knife,maybe we could pull 50 percent together as a team and you donate 50 percent just an idea
its a wonderfull feeling knowing you can make some kid happy :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
OK, how about this: Reb, you donate a paint job, and KBA will donate a knife and I

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
And they're after me again.
:D Probably because you make nice stuff!

Parker
I'll second that! kba, rest assured that I will be a (paying) customer of yours one day. I love that Osage Hunter!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.