Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some taller weeds and grasses in my clover plots that I would like to kill without harming the clover. Does anyone know where to get the plans to build one of these? Or can you buy something like this?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I use one of those fiberous toilet brush wands and a modified 1 gallon jug with a small amount of Roundup in the bottom, just enough to moisten the material. You can also wet the material with a sprayer then apply. I wear rubber boots and gloves.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
No thanks needed mikeak. At those prices i would make one too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For smaller plots, or even larger plots, when tall Thistle or horsenettle are a problem, you can use a 15 foot piece of rope. The rope should be half inch diameter and made of fiber, not plastic.

This method requires two people. Mix a roundup solution in a 5 gallon bucket(1/4 of the bucket). Soak the rope in the solution. Each person will grab an end of the rope. Be sure to let the rope drip in the bucket. Extent the rope out untill there is tention in the rope. Allow the rope to sag down to the level of the thistle or tall standing weed. Both persons walk at the same pace, dragging the rope through the weeds, just above the clover or desired product.

This can be time consuming but it does work well.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Nice to see ya here MCD...guess we all navigate when the QDMA site is down.

The simplest ideas are always the hardest to figure out. Thanks for the idea!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thayer......

I have no clue as to why the forum is down during the height of planting season. But, yes, I find my way around in the dark! I started visiting this site about 2 years ago. Good crowd and lots of information.

Yes, the rope wick is a great tool. A bit old fashioned but effective as heck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.