Rimfire Scopes

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by Fla_Guy, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    I'm looking to buy a variable power scope for my 597 .22 rifle. Any recomendations or preferred online retailers out there? I checked Cabela's - they have two. I thought I remembered Chairman mentioning a Simmons at one point? Any suggestions would be real appreciated!

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Buy a kimber instead of the 597......

3. deerkiller012

deerkiller012 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city
  4. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    i just got a NcStar for my 10/22 really like it and it was not expensive.

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Just buy some 1 inch scope rings to fit the 22 and the skies the limit. You can put any rifle scope you want on it,,and the larger tube makes for alot better optics than the small diameter rim fire scopes. The 40mm and bigger lenses are helpful for gathering light on those early morning and late evening squirrel hunts too.

:cheers::cheers:

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Yep ~ "Simmons 8-Point" does the trick for me.

And the fact that you can find 'em at great "close out/discontinued" prices doesn't hurt, either... :D

7. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
  8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I put a cheap bushnell from wallyworld on my daughters 597....she's a frog killin machine with it!!! Several years ago, on our first outing with it, she shot a big keeper bullfrog, turned her head to me, and said, "This is just like the movie Sniper!!!" Liked to cracked me up..........lol. It's still her favorite movie!!!