rifles @ the range

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by macon county boy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    i was driving this morning and seen some fellows at the range so i pull in and happened to know the guys, they were sighting in their new guns,these are die hard rem 700 boys and they were shooting 1 savage edge in 243 ,1 7mm mag thompson venture, 1 7-08 tc venture i was surprised those tc ventures were shootn under an inch at 100, but the savage edge shot about the same if not better.

2. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Why were you surprised? T/Cs usually shoot well, if they aren't hampered by two-piece stocks, anyway (like Encores or Contenders) Actually, they shoot well too, if you want to learn their quirks (I sure don't). But T/C has always had good barrels, and that's the big thing, a good pipe.
    I don't like the short-lift bolts, though, it feels "funny" to me, and I'm old enough not to like that sort of thing (don't like A-bolts for the same reason, or the new Sakos).
    I'm old and mean, and don't like new things much.:mad2:

3. Doemaster

Doemaster New Member

[rquote=1886158&tid=131408&author=glennasher1] Why were you surprised? T/Cs usually shoot well, if they aren't hampered by two-piece stocks, anyway (like Encores or Contenders) Actually, they shoot well too, if you want to learn their quirks (I sure don't). But T/C has always had good barrels, and that's the big thing, a good pipe.
    I don't like the short-lift bolts, though, it feels "funny" to me, and I'm old enough not to like that sort of thing (don't like A-bolts for the same reason, or the new Sakos).
    I'm old and mean, and don't like new things much.:mad2:[/rquote]

Edges are pretty good budget rifles ,shoot as well as the other guns but for some reason they changed the name to Axis..

4. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    [rquote=1886158&tid=131408&author=glennasher1] Why were you surprised? T/Cs usually shoot well, if they aren't hampered by two-piece stocks, anyway (like Encores or Contenders) Actually, they shoot well too, if you want to learn their quirks (I sure don't). But T/C has always had good barrels, and that's the big thing, a good pipe.

they sure do make for a faster follow up shot though, iffin ya miss that is:whistle:

5. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    both of the tcs were bolt action rifles in my opinion they looked as cheap as the savage edge

6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    [rquote=1886168&tid=131408&author=Squid Hunter][rquote=1886158&tid=131408&author=glennasher1] Why were you surprised? T/Cs usually shoot well, if they aren't hampered by two-piece stocks, anyway (like Encores or Contenders) Actually, they shoot well too, if you want to learn their quirks (I sure don't). But T/C has always had good barrels, and that's the big thing, a good pipe.

they sure do make for a faster follow up shot though, iffin ya miss that is:whistle:[/rquote]

A MISS is what you call a young lady! I don't call my Model Seventy "Old Death" for nothing.:2thumbsup:

7. Ellis Prairie

Ellis Prairie New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    My T/Cs must not have got the memo about being hampered by two piece stocks.

8. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

[rquote=1886183&tid=131408&author=macon county boy]both of the tcs were bolt action rifles in my opinion they looked as cheap as the savage edge[/rquote]

Yep :D