Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the regs in MO? I hardly ever gun hunt, so it never has really come into play. I tried several sites online, but no help except concealed carry.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483659&tid=103711&author=greenheadsmoker613]there is no rule on rifles in a vechicle [/rquote]

yes there is, I think:thinking:.

Must be 21 to have a firearm concealed in vehicle, under 21 dont you have to have it in the case or unloaded or something?

Oh, and if you are stopped under suspicion of poaching that rifle just became there excuse to give you a ticket for what you COULD do, if you were to be unlucky enough to be stopped in an area where the agent feels like you could be an example to stop the actuall poachers.:stirpot:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Last I checked, MO is open case for all ages.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483711&tid=103711&author=Heeler75]Last I checked, MO is open case for all ages. [/rquote]

For a concealed weapon, dont you ahve to be 21 or something like that? I dont have that worry anymore, but still curious.:confused:

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483726&tid=103711&author=looking_for_guns]No I think that the law for CC is 23 in the state of MO

:cheers:[/rquote]

sorry, I meant for concealed in a car, not for obtained a concealed carry permit from MO.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
last year my friend on halloween got a ticket for a 22 in his truck he was 17

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
pretty sure you dont have to have a ccw for your vehicle its an extension of your home in missouri. uncased and loaded to the brim behind you seat is fine.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I always thought you could carry long guns however you wanted, as long as they weren't loaded...and I don't even if that was a law or if it was my dad telling me it was, so I wouldn't drive around with a loaded rifle or shotgun. That was a LONG time ago, though...way back when we were allowed to have guns in our vehicles in the high school parking lot, in case we wanted to go hunting after school.

·
Registered
598 Posts
[rquote=1483736&tid=103711&author=looking_for_guns]Anyone that is of legal age to obtain a firearm/handgun can legally carry concealed in their vechile

:cheers:[/rquote]

X2

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
[rquote=1483752&tid=103711&author=stinkpickle]...wasn't there some stipulation about how you stored firearms when you had a spotlight on (or in) the car?[/rquote]

no sir its legal to have a firearm and its legal to have a spotlight. no problem here.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483763&tid=103711&author=showmethejewels][rquote=1483752&tid=103711&author=stinkpickle]...wasn't there some stipulation about how you stored firearms when you had a spotlight on (or in) the car?[/rquote]

no sir its legal to have a firearm and its legal to have a spotlight. no problem here.[/rquote]

yes it is legal, just hopefully you arent in the wrong place at the wrong time get the ticket from an agent. You do have a spotlight, and a gun, when it comes to game law you could be ticketed, and then you would have to fight it, to get the charge dropped, however 50% of the poeple here would crucify you since they would agree that you must be spotlighting if you had both in your vehicle. Not me, but others, just saying.:whistle:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know from experience that you don't want a gun in the truck and a beer open at the same time. I got to wear handcuffs one time for that. Seems to turn a minor in possession of 5% beer into a federal firearms violation. The gun was unloaded but there was a full box of shells in the glovebox. That was many years ago......Now, the last game warden that stopped me said if you are traveling with a gun, it better not be laoded. He said he would rather not even see one in the gun at all.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anyone 21 & older may conceal a handgun, loaded & ready to go on ones person or anywhere inside the vehicle.

If you conceal on your person, once your feet touch the ground outside of your vehicle, you must have a CCW or you in violation of the law.

Rifles & shotguns do not apply in this. Any long gun must not be loaded, and ammo must be stored out of reach of the occupants.

No permit is necessary to openly carry a handgun on ones person in MO, so long as it is not concealed.
However, every ccounty & municipality has their own laws that apply to open carry.

Shouldn't be long and open carry will be legal & have one set of laws that apply to everyone in the state.

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts