Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to 4 or 5 gun shops last weekend looking for a Weatherby Vanguard Compact in 7mm-08. After the first few dealers told me they couldn't get in for 3 or 4 months, because it is a new model, I finally hit the jackpot. I went to "Great Guns" in Kearny and they were able to get one through their Weatherby supplier. It ships this week and I am going to go pick it up Saturday. It's amazing how poor of customer service you get a some gun shops. I was trying to buy a gun and most of these people acted like it wasn't worth their time to even see if they could order this gun for me. I was shocked. Arn't they trying to make money? Anyways, the people at Great Guns were very helpful and actually willing to take the time to talk to their customers. Wow, what a novel idea. Sorry about the ranting, it was just kind of frustrating.

·
Under appreciated
89,832 Posts
Sounds like you found a place that might want to work for repeat business!

Congrats..

·
just a no body
14,797 Posts
I had the same experiance this weekend in Columbia. 1 place in particular.
i could of gotten a better deal with the same "courtious service" at Wal Mart.. I felt as if I ws at a car dealership. We'll give you an insulting offer for your rifle and ask a stupid high price for ours:stickfight:

congrats on finding what you wanted

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
kcraider21, thanks for the headsup on a gun dealership that wants your business. They are hard to find anymore. I really don't undertsand why so many gun dealers act this way?:soapbox:

Jack

·
19,584 Posts
Some just don't get it ~ customer service can be just as important as the products they offer.

There's a gun shop where I browse a lot, but have only purchased a few over the years. BUT ~ when I'm in the market, they're the first one's I check with.

Imagine that... :neuspeuter:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Thought by the heading someone was trading guns for wives!!:stickfight::smiley: Glad you finally got what you wanted! Now I hope my wife doean't see this!:peepwall:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny sand_manms. Just a side note. I got a call from Great Guns today at work to let me know that they have already got my gun from their supplier. That's some pretty fast service.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about Great Guns before kc.

They are the cheapest in the KC area on every gun that they can get in. I've researched and researched, and they just CAN NOT be beat unless you have a best friend with an FFL.

They are all about moving product, and their people are very helpful and real down to earth.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
where is this place called great guns?..sounds as if I need to go there during my next trip to KC
Its in Kearney, east of the 92 highway/I35 intersection about 2 miles east on the north side of the road. In between the grocery store and the hardware store in the strip.

Parker

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Glad you found a dealer who cares about their customers. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info Parker. I usually do most of my business at the Olathe Gun shop. They are pretty good guys and helpful over there. Great Guns is a little far away for me, but worth the trip. A buddy of mine and me went to 3 or 4 gun shops last weekend and just happen to find Great Guns and get lucky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts