Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
19,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lobbyist Attacked by Rut-Crazed Buck

11/21/2008

A Maryland lobbyist was attacked by a deer outside his home last week and says the buck repeatedly stabbed him with its antler, before he wrestled the deer to the ground.

Gilbert Genn, a former state delegate from Montgomery County, says incident occurred as he left his Gaithersburg home to walk his dog, Yuffie. When the deer appeared on the front lawn, his chocolate Lab ran to chase it off, but the buck didn't budge.

"[Yuffie] started circling it, and the deer didn't run. After a couple of seconds, I realized this was going to be a serious situation, because the deer then put its antlers down and was getting ready to charge Yuffie, who was barking at her," Genn told WTOP Radio.

The deer first attacked the dog and then turned his attention toward Genn.

"It came right at me, from about 10 feet away. I tried to run at an angle, but it caught me flush in the back right leg, impaled me with its weight, knocked me to the ground. It started to come right at my face with its antlers."

The buck impaled Genn in the chest, and continued to ram him.

"It impaled me in the groin area. At that point, literally, I took the antler and pulled it out of me."

Eventually Genn was able to grab the deer by the horns and pin it to the ground, until it tired out. He then released the animal and ran the other way.

"Not to get too partisan, but I'm convinced it was a Republican deer, because it happened right where we had our Obama sign. And all the deer could do was attack, attack, attack. So it had to be a Republican deer," Genn told the radio station.

http://www.whitetailjournal.com/ArticleContent/11/2008/250/Lobbyist-Attacked-by-Rut-Crazed-Buck

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
Lobbyist Attacked by Rut-Crazed Buck

"[Yuffie] started circling it, and the deer didn't run. After a couple of seconds, I realized this was going to be a serious situation, because the deer then put its antlers down and was getting ready to charge Yuffie, who was barking at her," Genn told WTOP Radio.
Here's the most interesting part to me. In all the chaos the lobbyist was able to tell that it was a racked doe and not a buck! :roll2: Idiot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts