Report from the woods...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Wooddust, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Wooddust

Wooddust Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Day One...well it was ok, lots of early gobbles...had 6 jakes surround me to watch...didnt shoot

Day two....rain...still birds were talking and active. Seems I pick every spot they walk away from...

Day Three...silence...cold....every gobbler gobbles once, dead for the rest of the day...

Day 4...Gobbles gobbles gobbles from 620 to 930....had 5 birds I was working at once....never saw one of them. Hens cackling and carrying on like mad...

So far:

Camp food...Excellent
    Camp Company: Good to excellent..better when sober
    Hunting success: Turkeys are winning
    Morels: found 3
  2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Thats what really matters :cheers:

3. Mo/Tx-Hunter

Mo/Tx-Hunter New Member

Let's see,
    Day one (Mo.) Warm, lots of gobbles, but no interest.
    Day two (still Mo) Still warm, one bird gobbled. flew down. All I could see was his head at 50 yds as he walked off all alone. When he made it to the bottom and gobbled one more time (sort of a kiss my :ass: sound) I figured I didn't have anything to lose so I gobbled back at him (pvt land, no other hunters) He did NOT like that. He came back and gobbled the whole way. Stopped at 70 yds and put on a show for the next 40 minutes but wouldn't come any closer.
    Day 3 (Indiana) Opening day, not a peep. Saw one gobbler fly up the night before but no dice on him this morning. Cold, about 35. Saw 6 deer come out of the timber about 400 yds away acting funny. Then saw what made them that way, 3 'yotes came out and moused in the tall grass.
    Day 4 (Ind) #$@#$% alarm clock failed on me and I got up too late. Went out and listened and heard one bird. I'll be back for him in the AM.