Repairing Rubber Boots

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by JrNation88, Oct 28, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    First season for me to wear my Muck Sports. Love them but the other day when climbing down some climbing sticks, i caught the front part of the neoprene on a step and tore them. Thankfully it did not go all they way through but pulled up a hefty chunk (still attached)

I know i've read it on here before but what is the best way to repair them to prevent further tear?

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO

3. BowtechIAN

BowtechIAN New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Columbia
    LaCrosse Urethane boot repair is the best I have used out of the 5 or so Iv'e tried. Repair lasted the life of the boot.

4. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Take them back to Cabelas and exchange them.

5. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1868695&tid=130063&author=buckwacker181]Take them back to Cabelas and exchange them.[/rquote]

quite a ways away from a cabelas besides i got them online at a muck outlet. i'll give one of the above a try. thanks

6. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    What is the link for the muck outlet?

7. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    http://muckbootsdirect.net/

SUPER fast shipping for me and it was free. They were a bit small so they paid for me to send them back and sent me out the correct size. Not sure if that was a 'special' going on or all the time

8. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    I have seen people put inner tube patches on the older style rubber boots. I wonder if that would work.:thinking:

9. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Goop

Seals waders right up :claphands: