Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, picked one up today... seems like a decent gun for the money.. Being I dont like the plain black synthetic, over the next few days, its going to find a new outlook on life...

Just gettin the packing grease all cleaned out of it and gonna shoot a few rounds through it to make sure it cycles.. and then off to the face lift..

Havent decided if it will take the place of the mossy 935 in the bird watchin arena, only time will tell...

Nonetheless, got a few ideas to try out and do it a bit different then the last several ive painted, this one will be mostly, tan, brown and a bit of black, so shall blend in good in the marshy type areas...

Will have some pics soon...

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Keep us updated on how the gun shoots... I am wondering if it cycles light loads decently or not.
:pop::pop::pop:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lefty, cycling wise, ill get back with you.. shot a few through it this afternoon / evening.. The book says to shoot heavier loads for the first 100 shots.. after that, on the gas pistion, there is a wrench to adjust for heavy to light loads... so, after the 100 shots, ill switch it over and try a bunch of light ones..

Pman, cost was 324 and some change w/ tax out the door..

Stay tuned for pics.. uploading them now...

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Pretty sure Bass Pro, atleaste in St. Charles has them for $299 right now!

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks-----Let me know how it shoots----I'm thinking maybe an auto may help my shoots fired to downed birds------more then likely not--but I can always think that way!:peepwall:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Plasticman

Thanks-----Let me know how it shoots----I'm thinking maybe an auto may help my shoots fired to downed birds------more then likely not--but I can always think that way!:peepwall:
Ill let ya know how she shoot.. n mebbe this fall you can shoot her a few times iffin ya want..

Well, if its anything like me.. youll jus shoot more.. and give more work to whit :D

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by Plasticman

Ill let ya know how she shoot.. n mebbe this fall you can shoot her a few times iffin ya want..

Well, if its anything like me.. youll jus shoot more.. and give more work to whit :D
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Does that receiver have Baikal printed on it?:eek: If so Remington has their guns made in Russia now. What is this world coming to?

Jack

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Rebel, you go to buy any new choke tubes I'm pretty sure Remington tubes won't fit.

Jack

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Well yer set til you lose one. I'd also paint it mostly darker colors if you are hunting out of a blind.

Jack

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
Rebel, you go to buy any new choke tubes I'm pretty sure Remington tubes won't fit.

Jack
my buddy bought the new Spartan Remington/Bakail O/U last year and sent out for a chomp-n-choke tube for it. as i recalled he had to send the first one back because it was the wrong one. they sent one for remington, if the choke says for Bakail then you're alright it is the same thread as the remington imported Bakail. but if you tell someone it's a remington unless they changed the threads on this model it wont work.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.