Remington Genesis

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Underclocked, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
  2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

They are interesting for sure...I guess this is the first offering in MLers since Big Green brought out the 700ML...I'm a Remington fan, I'd like to shoot one of these new ones!

3. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I'd still like to know what that swinging gate is made of. I also question the strength of the whole rifle as the barrel seems to just rest above the forend. There is no apparent receiver on that rifle. Cept maybe yer forehead.:hysterical:

Okay I went and read Ralph's critique and it looks like the swing gate is made of steel. The scoping is gonna be pain though.

Jack

4. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I think i'd want to watch someone else fire it first!:wave:

5. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Ah'll volunteer and pay reasonable shipping. :rotfl:

6. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    YOU WOULD!!!!:cheers::cheers:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

7. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Yep, ah'm workin on muh doctorate. :D

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Ya know a guy can't be a Doctor and treat himself.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Jack

9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Thanks for the link, UC...

I LOVE free stuff! :D

I just wish I was the one that won sumpin' for a change... :ass:

10. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    u gettin a PHD!!!!!

you know what that is

Post Hole Digger:D

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Or...Piled Higher & Deeper... :hysterical:

12. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Now for UC I say that is the right definition of PHD.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Jack:cheers:

13. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Yep. ;)

[​IMG]

Anyway, another pic of the Genesis action area provided by Randy Wakeman. Randy's thoughts on the Torch-Cam (per my fuzzy memory) was that it WOULD cause scope interference unless high rings were used.

14. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    I believe the new Remington Genesis can be written off as a loss-leader right now. http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/newproducts2.html Some of the remarks Toby makes in that article are closely paralled by remarks made to me by another attendee.

BUT, don't take the recommendation of the Pedersoli line of inlines to heart - his opinion of his "Muzzleloading Hunting Rifle of the Year", the Pedersoli Denali and mine are very much different. The Denali did have good metal but the design and quality of workmanship were pitiful. Also, there are NO spare parts in this country for that rifle and not likely to be any soon. It's basically a dead model now.

Want a good, less expensive rifle - go with the Huntsman, the Sidekick, or a White kit from Doc.

15. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    With all its shortcomings, I will still hunt w/my 700 ML cause I like it-This looks like trash to me.
    Why Remington feels that they have to chase after cut rate gun makes that put low prices over quality is beyond me. While the 700ML had design issues the quality was Reminton through out.

16. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Another Edsel is born.:bangin:

Jack