Remington Customer Service

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by winger, Apr 24, 2006.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    My adorable wifey got me a Remington 11-87 for Valentines Day this year. Took it turkey hunting and noticed when I cycled the unfired shells out they had small dents in the brass. Seen on a different thread where another guy had the same problem. Contacted Remington by email and told them of the problem. They told me that if the gun cycled well and worked to finish turkey season and then contact them for a place to send it for inspection of the problem. I have had Remington shotguns and rifles my entire life and never had a problem, hoping this turns out alright.

2. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Remington, like any company, has mixed reviews on their customer service, but I'm betting it's something really simple and easy to fix, and they'll do a good job, it might take awhile, though (the main beef I hear about them is the time it takes to get something back). It'll probably be gone and back before long, though, this is the slow season for them. Check your owner's manual, too, there should be a Warranty/Repair station fairly close by (heck, there are two within fifteen miles of me right now!) they might be able to fix it while you wait, and they bill Remington for the work! That's worth the effort.
    It sounds like you've got a really good wife! A shotgun for Valentine's Day!

3. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Mike my 11-87 3" Special Purpose is 7 years old I believe and has always done that. The dents are small enough they don't bother me or the shooting of the shells and I never sent it back.

Jack

4. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    glenn, my wife is kind of like sybil, when she has her good peronality going she is great and i wouldn't trade her for the world, i seriously mean that, when she has her other peronality going :peepwall:. getting to the point that i would sale my kid out to stay out of trouble, don't feel bad about it neither being she sales me out daily to the one who must be obeyed.

jack, i don't know much about shotgun shells, i was kind of worried about pressure and the possibility of seperation of the brass from the plastic. is this a unfounded worry on my part? i know how to shoot shotguns and the basic anatomy of the shells but further than that :confused:. Another guy on a different site said he had the same problem so maybe it common.

5. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Had the same question about getting one back. I had to send my 750 woodmaster in Foreend didn't fit right and wood didn't match . Sent it last Wed. last week. Haven't rvrn shot the darn thing yet !