Remington - Action Only?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Heeler75, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    I can't look up online, but can someone tell me if Remington will sell only the action?

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008

3. bulletman

bulletman Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sedalia
    Maybe, sorta, sometimes,,,,,,,, occasionally Midway or Brownells will have a few of them but it's not often and they don't last long. Unless things have changed they are not a regular stock item, it's more like when Remington has a few available. I have gotten new one's twice in ten years, when I see them advertised it's usually too late.

4. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

9 out of 10 times it's cheaper to buy the gun from a discount store and part out the pieces.

Last time I saw the action for sale on midway it was more expensive than the gun :pop:

5. Heeler75

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    I figured I'd end up having to do the "piece out" of an existing rig, but figured If I could get a brand new action for what I thought was the right money I'd go that route.

Either that or I just buy a new CZ action. Something about a square bridge mauser that I like.

6. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

What's the plan for it?

For normal target shooting, a trigger and stockwork on the exisiting stock will be all that's needed for a lot of people.

Or are you going to make it all ghetto :D

7. Heeler75

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    No, not gonna get all crazy with it. :D I can't afford one of those nice "McSwirly" stocks.

But just trying to work out in my mind what I want to do for a custom build.