REMEMBER THE 412lb. DEER? (update)

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by alwyshntn, Feb 13, 2006.

1. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    sounds like it is on the up and up to me,looks like he gonna make some on it to .:cheers:

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    No real proof in my book. I still think it is a fake.
  3. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Regardsless, I'd like to see the mount when its done.
  4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    He held at full draw for 10 minutes?!? Some guys are pretty strong but that's alittle unbelievable in my book! Geez!

Glad he came forward!
  5. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm doubting that one also. I've been drawn back for what seems like 10 minutes before, but it was really probably @ 2.
  6. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Well I guess that story explains the indian looking guys in the pics with the hunter...

Who knows if it's true though! :pop:
  7. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Okay....okay.....I have helped beat this one to death.....BUT is no one catching that the dude taped a bloated deer?! WHAT?!

Do you really think taping a bloated deer is going to give you an accurate estimate? :confused:

My goodness......I'm done now. :horse:

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I caught that too Parker, but the way the story read it seemed like it was taped after it was field dressed. That doesn't make any sense to me either but who knows.
    All I know is whether it weighed 400 lbs or not it is a huge deer. Who cares anyway?
  9. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yep, I agree Hoyt! I'm done caring!

We've beat on this one SO LONG, the horse is starting to get bloated!

10. I apologize for :horse:

On second thought "NO I DON'T":)

I found the update interesting and thought some others might as well.

If ya don't care don't read it. I never understand the ones that don't care about a subject yet open it and comment on it.:D

"Thats all I have to say about that" Forrest Gump
  11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D alwyshntn,

I just want to confirm that I DO care enough to comment! I just like using the

:horse: smiley every once in a while, and I like getting wound up about goofy stuff every once in a while! :D

I think that you uncovered some great information! :cheers:

The underlying issues are that I just want to keep giving Hoytshooter :toilet: !!!!

12. runner

runner New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Guys, I killed a buck near lake of the Ozarks that was big enough that when pulled into a pickup truck bed, with his butt against the front, we had to bend his neck around to get the gate closed. Loaded in an overhead camper that had a four foot overhang, we still had to bend his neck to ge tthe door closed. I would guess him in the 250 plus range field dressed, but we never had him weighed. His rack scores in the high 120's. My wife could not carry a ham with the leg removed. I killed a buck on public ground up north on thursday of gun season that was well over 200 pounds live weight. He scores 158 5/8ths. The buck from out by the lake was much bigger in the body. It is not hard to believe that in a colder climate that a 400 pound deer was killed at all. I have killed two way over 200 pounds here in our state. One of them may have exceeded the 300 pound mark live weight.
  13. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    The weight is totally believable. Some of the pics weren't. I can remember reading of examples of whitetail deer going well over 400 pounds in a publication put out by the MDC back in my teens.