Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice 8 point walks under stand, nibbles on buckbrush, looks up at me ( I swear he smiled)....and walked away.

Then I got the velcro unstuck from the inside of my hip pocket.

I'm sure this has never happened to anyone else.:mad2::mad2:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And to think I made fun of you with your Remington Automatic!

Whatever goes around comes around.

·
Under appreciated
89,832 Posts
Scott Lil Goose = no velcro

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
I won't say why, but mine now goes on before I start walking in...

·
Grrrrrrr
29,955 Posts
I always put mine on at the truck unless I'm hanging a new stand....too many chances to shoot deer between the truck and the stand, plus can't tell ya how many times I've just gotten settled in and had deer or turkeys show up.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
I don't know what to say about that except.....DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!:wave:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,051 Posts
[rquote=1492340&tid=104231&author=Wooddust]I didnt forget where it was, I forgot to get it out and strap it on. [/rquote]

You still forgot:whistle:

Some days, it just feels like ya can't catch a break, don't it?

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
velcro = great invention, but ABSOLUTELY lousy to have on any piece of hunting equipment or garment!!!!

buy a new release and use that contraption that scares deer as a back up!

·
27,514 Posts
[rquote=1492281&tid=104231&author=Wooddust]Nice 8 point walks under stand, nibbles on buckbrush, looks up at me ( I swear he smiled)....and walked away.

Then I got the velcro unstuck from the inside of my hip pocket.

I'm sure this has never happened to anyone else.:mad2::mad2:[/rquote]

There is no way I would ever do something like that.
again.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,051 Posts
[rquote=1493078&tid=104231&author=seth_turner_04]That's why I moved away from velcro and went to a buckle release. :cheers:[/rquote]

It's why my release is attatched to the riser of my bow everytime I leave the stand. My mental facualties aren't what they once were either & I need visual reminders of what I'm supposed to do sometimes.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
[rquote=1493084&tid=104231&author=pinwheel][rquote=1493078&tid=104231&author=seth_turner_04]That's why I moved away from velcro and went to a buckle release. :cheers:[/rquote]

It's why my release is attatched to the riser of my bow everytime I leave the stand. My mental facualties aren't what they once were either & I need visual reminders of what I'm supposed to do sometimes.[/rquote]

Nah, too easy. No comment.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
mine is either attached ot the limb of my bow or on my hand. Its got velcro but I put it on before i leave the truck.

and speaking of velcro why is every camo glove maker insists on using velcro? I only wear light gloves no matter the temp and its harder and harder to find some with out velcro.

·
Registered
69,800 Posts
Mine doesn't have velcro but so I won't drop it or forget which pocket I put it in I use a shoe string with a loop in it that fits around my wrist. It goes on before I close the lid to my bow case.

Somewhere back in my earlier bow hunting outings I drove for two hours to a leased farm to bow hunt. In the darkness of early morning I made my way to my tree stand...climbed up and watched the sun come up. Beautiful crisp morning with lots of deer activity. Watched a number of does and smaller bucks move through the area just out of range. Then about 9:30 a real nice 8 point came down the hillside right to me. I reached up for my release that was clipped on my string...and it wasn't there!! The image of my release flashed into my mind. I left it sitting on my dinning room table earlier that morning when I checked out my bow. Had to let the buck walk away and then climbed down and drove back home in time for lunch.....there sat my release right where I left it on the table.

Haven't forgot it since. Lesson Learned.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
MM your example is one of the reason I resisted switching to a release years ago! I alwyas knew if I left my shooting tab or dropped it or lost it I could shoot with bare fingers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts