Related?

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by SX3DuckHunter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. SX3DuckHunter

SX3DuckHunter Active Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Barnhart MO
    So finally i have a nice buck arrive, this buck gave me a blurry pic as you can see one night and couldnt tell exactly who it is, well the other pic in here is him clear in the day, the other pic is a buck i call hershey, i found his shed last year and had him on cam years ago as a solid ten with dark chokolate horns, this buck is a good 8 and same chocolate horns, im positive they are diff, hersheys shed i found last year have webbing going on in the horns and had 5 points with a 3 inch kicker off a tine, ok so we have 2 great bucks here that are pretty similar, related you think? possibly this buck is an offspring off hershery? i have a vid of the new buck turning me and showing me the whole rack but it wont load fast enough but defintely the 2 moultrie cams are the same buck
    [file]146265[/file]
    [file]146267[/file]
    [file]146269[/file]

2. SX3DuckHunter

Aug 22, 2009
    Barnhart MO
    52 views and nuttin come on now guys

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'd guess (stress on the guessing part) that they are the same deer if not brothers by a different momma.

Your first smaller pic is a different deer and better I might add.

[file]146533[/file]

4. SX3DuckHunter

Aug 22, 2009
    Barnhart MO
    ya just seemed kinda similar

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I just re-read you initial post and I see that you were posting a photo taken in 05 of the older deer. It would be very hard to tell just who is related to who with racks of normal growth in the whitetailed world. If they had more distinguished traits like kickers or palmating you would have more to go on than just color differences. Hard to tell but interesting to say the least. Aren't game cameras great?