Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation. I have a 7 year old son who I share custody with his mother. His mother lives about an hour from me, but in Illinois. I live in Missouri. What is the deal when it comes to residency with buying permits. I was going to take him on the youth deer hunt this year. Would I need a out of state tag? I would just like to know my options. I wouldn't think it would matter to much as a youth, but when he is a little older it might. Any input would be great.

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
Originally posted by Marine95
Here's the situation. I have a 7 year old son who I share custody with his mother. His mother lives about an hour from me, but in Illinois. I live in Missouri. What is the deal when it comes to residency with buying permits. I was going to take him on the youth deer hunt this year. Would I need a out of state tag? I would just like to know my options. I wouldn't think it would matter to much as a youth, but when he is a little older it might. Any input would be great.
Do you and the Ex-wife share joint custory of your child? Also does your divorce have a residency stipulation in it-----

Answering these will give you the correct answer.:cheers:

·
Registered
287 Posts
3 CSR 10-5.220

Purpose: This rule establishes eligibility requirements for the purpose of purchasing and using permits.

(1) A resident permit shall be limited to persons who do not claim resident privileges in another state or country and whose actual residence and legal domicile have both been in the state of Missouri for at least thirty (30) days last past before the purchase of such permit as provided in this rule.

(2) Grants resident permits to military and federal employees and their families.

(3) Grants resident permits to legal immigrants if they have been here 30 days.

(4) All persons who do not meet these qualifications shall possess a nonresident permit.

Pman's right too. You need to check your divorce papers. These papers will invariably contain your child's legal address.

leaker

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we were never married, but the custody papers I have say " joint legal custody with her being the primary custodian". I allowed her to move into Illinois with no paperwork being done. We get along pretty well, it would just bothers me because her or her husband do not do anything outdoors(Hunt,fish,camp,ect). There should be some kind of rule to allow for this. Kids from out of state are allowed to fish here without any kind of license or residency. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
Well, we were never married, but the custody papers I have say " joint legal custody with her being the primary custodian". I allowed her to move into Illinois with no paperwork being done. We get along pretty well, it would just bothers me because her or her husband do not do anything outdoors(Hunt,fish,camp,ect). There should be some kind of rule to allow for this. Kids from out of state are allowed to fish here without any kind of license or residency. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Hes then a resident of another state and not able to hunt during this type of hunt------However I do agree with the fact that exposure to the outdoors is very good medicine for young folks!!!:cheers:

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
This brings up another question. Can he hunt small game? He is allowed to fish without a license.
Fishing reguires a lic after the age of 14 I believe-----
Hunting requires a lic for everyone----well untill you reach 65 I think----then hunting and fishing are free!:cheers:

More important is getting him exposed to the outdoors and the bond it will give you both-------even if its simply hunting for shrooms!:cheers:
(No Lic Reguired):cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
plasticman your right on with getting them outdoors, my sister is'nt too
far from you and her kids (bless thier hearts) are "houseplants" never
get out unless they are down here and when the do they are bouncin'
.15 or under is the cutoff age for fishing looked it up last weekend
before we went snagging.

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
Small game hunting and fishing are free to kids under 16 (as well as 65 and over), although they would need a daily trout tag. Also big game (deer and turkey) they need to buy the appropriate tag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.