Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down last week and notice that my salt lick had a couple of holes dug down about 6 inches deep. I pick up a 50 lb bag of stock salt and a 50 lb bag of mineral salt. The salt lick is on a pipeline right of way and is about 8 foot around. It has been there now for 10 years and is being used by both bucks and does along with their fawns. The first pic is of the lick prior to adding the salt.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Very nice setup and pics Mailman. I hope you find some sweet, uh or salty, success there this season.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
nice for sure,i got some news last week the pipeline boys came through and said they were getting easements to put another one next to the one that is already there coming in through canada.i kinda don't mind one but clearing out two is gonna be sucky.

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure hope that the pipeline company that goes thru my place doesn't build another one. It would either wipe out my site that I'm going to build my log cabin on in the future or take out my pond on the other side. Bummer.... either way. I do wish that they would go back to brush hogging instead of spraying brush killer. All I have now is a bunch of dead scrub trees. Looks terrible.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Looks like you have a real nice lick goin!!
:cheers::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.