Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
121 - 140 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Obviously a totally ungrateful out of stater. So as a tax paying citizen of the State of Missouri, I shouldn't concern myself with ungrateful people like you coming here in unchecked hoards, putting a strain on the system? Sorry but I choose to make this an issue and will conntinue to do so. It's out of control in my opinion. Time for change.
What about out of staters that pay more taxes than you? Just curious?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was about to make a thread about this. I can’t say a whole lot since I am new to MO but I also am one to ask when I see someone at the parking area as to where they are headed so I don’t mess them up. I’ll also help one out if they have one down and need help with it. But I have been hunting a certain CA and since around the 20th of October till now the camping grounds have been slam packed. Counted 8 campers plus around 8 - 10 tents at one spot then just down the road at the other camp there was 3 campers a huge freaking tent and another small tent. Most of the trucks I seen was from Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Seen a group of guys from Arkansas and Iowa that was pretty nice to talk with. But them other northern states was hard to deal with. They would set up on you and walk in “scouting” at prime time. But like I said, I’m not a MO native so I can’t say much.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Well it sucked the warmth out my body this afternoon,my bones still thawing out
This ain’t the swamp no more , you damn southerners need to acclimate.

Go outside and sleep in the bed of your pickup in your boxers. No blankets. That’ll make you appreciate how warm it is here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
What about out of staters that pay more taxes than you? Just curious?
My personal opinion is it wouldn't matter. Treat all NR the same. Apply for a buck tag every year and earn a point to increase your odds of drawing next draw if you're not successful. Purchase a doe tag and hunt when you don't draw a buck tag if you like without regard for state of residence. Just my thoughts about it.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
This ain’t the swamp no more , you damn southerners need to acclimate.

Go outside and sleep in the bed of your pickup in your boxers. No blankets. That’ll make you appreciate how warm it is here.
I’m usually good with the cold.But for some reason this year this wind got to me good.Must be the getting old.Ima need to drink some whiskey if I’m gonna go out tomorrow in this crap

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I was about to make a thread about this. I can’t say a whole lot since I am new to MO but I also am one to ask when I see someone at the parking area as to where they are headed so I don’t mess them up. I’ll also help one out if they have one down and need help with it. But I have been hunting a certain CA and since around the 20th of October till now the camping grounds have been slam packed. Counted 8 campers plus around 8 - 10 tents at one spot then just down the road at the other camp there was 3 campers a huge freaking tent and another small tent. Most of the trucks I seen was from Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Seen a group of guys from Arkansas and Iowa that was pretty nice to talk with. But them other northern states was hard to deal with. They would set up on you and walk in “scouting” at prime time. But like I said, I’m not a MO native so I can’t say much.
Welcome to MO! I feel your pain. It's been a little difficult to have a meaningful conversation on this forum about this subject but it seems that things have settled down a bit. I just wish there was readily avaiable data to measure the true impact of unlimited NR tag sales. It's difficult to try to solve a perceived problem without factual data. You and I think NR access is out of control based on our experience. Others don't see it as a problem. No facts available, just opinion and speculation. I would like to see MDC study this and publish their findings so we can all speak intelligently about it without strong opinion and emotion steering the conversation.

·
just a no body
15,518 Posts
Welcome to MO! I feel your pain. It's been a little difficult to have a meaningful conversation on this forum about this subject but it seems that things have settled down a bit. I just wish there was readily avaiable data to measure the true impact of unlimited NR tag sales. It's difficult to try to solve a perceived problem without factual data. You and I think NR access is out of control based on our experience. Others don't see it as a problem. No facts available, just opinion and speculation. I would like to see MDC study this and publish their findings so we can all speak intelligently about it without strong opinion and emotion steering the conversation.
there in it' self is another issue that may make this thread go down another rabbit hole.. MDC and their "Data" much like many Guberent entities are not trusted

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
there in it' seslf is anothre issue that may make this threda go down another rabbit hole.. MDC and their "Data" much like many Guberent entities are not trusted
You are probably right about that but that's the best hope that I have. We all tend to get fixed on our opinion and at times get emotional about the subject. I do better with facts.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Impact on what? Your inability to kill a deer?

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,038 Posts
Most of the trucks I seen was from Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Seen a group of guys from Arkansas and Iowa that was pretty nice to talk with. But them other northern states was hard to deal with. They would set up on you and walk in “scouting” at prime time. But like I said, I’m not a MO native so I can’t say much.
They are just doing what they are used to, you just described PA and MI deer hunting to a tee from everything I have read. Tresspassing, being disrespectful to other hunters seems to be the norm for a lot of them.

·
Over There
8,928 Posts
Missouri should go to reciprocate fees for out of staters. These inexpensive over the counter tags and plentiful public ground are too good for out of staters to pass on.
I haven't read the rest of these responses but I am in the wonder why reciprocating costs aren't a thing. I guess the debate of lost revenue from the out of towners coming in. I doubt it hinders them that much. As it doesn't stop those from MO hunting other states. Just seems like common sense. I've dealt with some good and bad out of staters. No worse than some of the locals.

If you really want to fix the problem carry some roofing nails and toss a few under the tires on your way out of the parking lot. You're welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Been beating this horse for 10 plus years…..nothing will change other than your frustration level. MDC will not change, nor react timely. ie the 2012 ehd outbreak, mdc kept thing status quo unlike SD which again this year cut tags PRIOR to the current hunting year following a ehd die off.

Nothing will change cause according to mdc Missourians are happy shooting sub mature deer during peak rut.

121 - 140 of 340 Posts