Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Missouri should go to reciprocate fees for out of staters. These inexpensive over the counter tags and plentiful public ground are too good for out of staters to pass on.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Any reduction in pressure on public areas will be filled by residents immediately.

So, if you are forced to hunt public areas and refuse to go scout areas beyond your 15 minute drive comfort zone, you are stuck.

Reducing NR tags will not result in an empty parking lot for you.
Why would that happen? You're saying that the resident hunters that are currently hunting private property will suddenly quit their private property and flood to public areas? Why?

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
No. There are public ground hunters that actually scouted and hunt places farther away that will fill the void by hunting a place closer once the word is out.
Which leaves fewer hunters on the public ground where they used to hunt. Your circular logic makes no sense.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
PMP63,
You might observe that some posters are short on experience but long on opinion. In their mind it evens out.

Reactions: pmpeaks63

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
"Die hard hunter" = means be like antlercrazed? Because if you aren't like antlercrazed and don't share his ideas of a trophy and shoot what is legal and makes you happy then somehow you are a lesser hunter.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
If I'm mistaken, I apologise. At face value your statement seems judgemental and biased.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I am all about killing a doe. Except I have to use my any sex tag on it on most conservation areas so I am saving that.

Can I buy two any sex tags? Google says I can but I can’t find that in the MDC website.
What you want is antlerless bonus tags. They are $7 each and unlimited for archery.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Good Lord, the more I read about how messed up the rules and situation is in the northern part of the state the happier I am to be a rebel and live in southern Missouri. Yankee's are some screwed up people.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
After reading how amazing Mississippi deer hunting is I can't imagine why anyone from out of state comes to Missouri. Next year I'm going to Mississippi. And I'm bringing a bunch of folks with me. Those folks are gonna think the Hmong done moved in.

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I’m sure there are areas on MS that are strong, but I have never once heard anyone say let’s go travel to MS and hunt public ground! For deer that is
Why not? Evidently deer hunting in Mississippi is amazing. And the hunters there are amazing. It's all amazing, so amazing that it gives the word amazing a new definition. I'm all in...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.