Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to do a little bowhunting on Reform over the past few weeks. It's only 15 minutes from my home so it's convenient but I have to say, both last season and this season, I have felt like a nonresident. Nonresident hunters easily outnumber residents by 3 or 4 to 1 this time of year. Can't be any deer hunters left in Louisiana...pretty sure they're all in Missouri! I'm pretty sure a lot of local hunters just get frustrated and give up and just let them have it. I did a little recon this morning and counted a total of only 3 Missouri licensed trucks and around 15 trucks licensed to other states with most being from Louisiana. From my experience, 2-4 hunters per nonresident truck. I never see any MDC personnel so I have to assume MDC doesn't care about the amount of pressure Reform receives or whether local residents have a quality experience. I contacted MDC and expressed my concerns and was told "that's Reform"....as if that's just the way it is and will always be...shut up and don't bother me about it. Oh well, just getting worn slick with it. We can't all afford to own or lease property. Been a serious bowhunter for almost 40 years and I'm seriously thinking of hanging it up. Sorry for beating that to death but had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Was out there last weekend quail hunting for the first time. Which I’m sure was pretty unpopular. Noticed a lot of out of state folks as well from Mississippi and Louisiana. In fact, stumbled upon a hell of a 14pt that someone had just shot and tagged. Should say my dogs found it, noticed the tag and looked to me like the hunter headed back for a cart to get it out.

·
Grand PooBah
1,685 Posts
We need to build a wall around MO. We will let them come in if they trade equal amount of outdoor days to us! 😉

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man I hate to hear that.The public land by your house should definitely be unpressured and a secret honey hole for just you to enjoy no doubt.Sucks…
Yea, thats definitely what I said in my post...your reply totally reflects your John Wayne qoute, "Life's hard, it's even harder if you're stupid" . Thanks for your intelligent reply Antler Dazed!

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Yea, thats definitely what I said in my post...your reply totally reflects your John Wayne qoute, "Life's hard, it's even harder if you're stupid" . Thanks for your intelligent reply Antler Dazed!
You are welcome,glad I could help.Now get back to riding around checking out license plates.You’ll surely kill something,good luck

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's public land, open to deer hunting. nuff said. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
It's true what they say..."you can't fix stupid". Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
Yep I’m pretty dumb for sure but at least I don’t cry about who is hunting what , I just hunt and let the chips fall where they may.All you hear is out of stater this out of stater this can’t see no deer cause out of stater this blah blah blah.

·
6,725 Posts
Western states are really bad. But MO could probably go to limited entry and improve everyone’s experience & make more money. I’ve been hunting public around me and it’s felt more like private land except for a squirrel hunter and a few duckers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep I’m pretty dumb for sure but at least I don’t cry about who is hunting what , I just hunt and let the chips fall where they may.All you hear is out of stater this out of stater this can’t see no deer cause out of stater this blah blah blah.
You are obviously an authority on all things hunting and your opinion is the only one that counts on anything that you care to comment about on this forum. All Hail the King of Missouri Whitetail Forum, AntlerDazed! I would much rather have generated a serious discussion about this with my original post but I guess I should have known better than to think that was possible.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
You are obviously an authority on all things hunting and your opinion is the only one that counts on anything that you care to comment about on this forum. All Hail the King of Missouri Whitetail Forum, AntlerDazed! I would much rather have generated a serious discussion about this with my original post but I guess I should have known better than to think that was possible.
I’m definitely an expert on crying about out of staters I am one.Your post required no expert advice.All it was is you was upset cause Reform CA during the rut was loaded with trucks and most was from out of state.Did you want some one to say it will be ok soon buddy the mean out of staters will be gone in a week give it time,we are all here for you.You want pinpoints on a good spot free of competition?Somebody to offer up their farm to you to hunt?I mean what is there to discuss other than drum up another omg the out of staters are taking away all the hunting spots post.

·
just a no body
14,978 Posts
whats Mo get for an out of state tag now? JMO but I think it complimentary that people think high enough of Mo to come up and hunt. Probably could stand to bump up the price a bit but I am sure the local venders get a $$ surge and these days small businesses could sure use it

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Missouri should go to reciprocate fees for out of staters. These inexpensive over the counter tags and plentiful public ground are too good for out of staters to pass on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m definitely an expert on crying about out of staters I am one.Your post required no expert advice.All it was is you was upset cause Reform CA during the rut was loaded with trucks and most was from out of state.Did you want some one to say it will be ok soon buddy the mean out of staters will be gone in a week give it time,we are all here for you.You want pinpoints on a good spot free of competition?Somebody to offer up their farm to you to hunt?I mean what is there to discuss other than drum up another omg the out of staters are taking away all the hunting spots post.
Obviously a totally ungrateful out of stater. So as a tax paying citizen of the State of Missouri, I shouldn't concern myself with ungrateful people like you coming here in unchecked hoards, putting a strain on the system? Sorry but I choose to make this an issue and will conntinue to do so. It's out of control in my opinion. Time for change.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts