Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1 - Public Ground - Hunted to around 11ish. Called a gobbler in, but was in a bad position and had to adjust. I thought there was enough trees between him and me, but he spotted me and walked off in the direction he came.

Day 2 - Public Ground - Not much going on. No turkeys seemed to sound off on public ground. Couple of different birds on private, but too much distance between them on the property lines.

Day 3 - Public Ground - See Day 2

Skipped Yesterday due to rain

Day 4 - Public Ground - Someone beat to the spot I had been previously hunting. So I went down to the next parking lot and headed back towards the far back of public ground. Nothing close gobbling in the trees. Around 7:30 I hear a gobble a couple of ridges off and thought he was close enough to make a move. I headed that way calling a time or two to locate him. Got situated and as he was working his way in. Unfortunately, the spot I picked to sit was better for him than it was me. I never did spot him. He was close but visibility sucked. He eventually wandered off to not be seen again.

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day 5 - Private Ground - set up on 2 birds in the trees this morning. Once the flow down they henned up and moved on. We circled around them and just about got picked off in a power line, same birds. I was able to get a shot off on the lead bird and whiffed. Chased 2 other birds before I had to call it quits but neither would cooperate. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out again tomorrow.

Reactions: fishshooter

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Day 6 - Private Ground - went out for a quick hunt this morning. Not much going on. Done until next weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.