Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i watch a red fox go down a den hole in the ground

what i want to know is do they always have a second hole ?
and is a taped call (wonded rabbit) leagle to use in the day time to bring them out of the den

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
It is legal to use a recorded call durning the day .

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek::

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on you trapers tell me more about red fox

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do they always have a exit hole
and will they come out during the day to a distressed rabbit

i plan on setting back a ways with a 17

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Justbob,you just suggested to a person to set an illegal trap,don't you know better?A 220 conibear CANNOT be used on a land set in Missouri period.
Bricky,normally a red fox doesn't use a den after pup raising season unless server weather such as ice storm cause it to do so.The fox you saw was probably the young of the year that had not completed dispersal from it's parents.The fox will stay in a smaller area than a coyote would ,so I'd seek out thickets in close proximity of the said den and try calling there.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,708 Posts
He died a while back Bricky,heard from Lamont it was 'The Big One'.:wave:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[rquote=1482103&tid=103487&author=bigjohn]Justbob,you just suggested to a person to set an illegal trap,don't you know better?A 220 conibear CANNOT be used on a land set in Missouri period.
Bricky,normally a red fox doesn't use a den after pup raising season unless server weather such as ice storm cause it to do so.The fox you saw was probably the young of the year that had not completed dispersal from it's parents.The fox will stay in a smaller area than a coyote would ,so I'd seek out thickets in close proximity of the said den and try calling there.[/rquote]

the one i saw was in late sep. or early oct and was real big.
i watched it for almost a full min. just setting there looking at me and when i moved it shot down the hole.
as i walked about 200 yards away i jumped another one.
about a week later i saw one of them about 100 yards from the hole wile i was bow hunting

when do they have there young ??

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1482133&tid=103487&author=Big L]He died a while back Bricky,heard from Lamont it was 'The Big One'.:wave:[/rquote]

OOOOO boy :whiteflag: :stickfight:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
Kits are born in the spring...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Sept & Oct are dispersal time for the canines(fox grey and red and coyotes).If there is plenty of food,the parents will tolerate the young staying around a little more.Fox don't generally have too big of a home range so you have a good chance of calling one up.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm not sure about an exit hole....you might just look around and see.

bigjohn is right...I wouldn't focus too much on a den right now, but get after the calling and be ready for a quick shot and them putting the sneak on ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts