Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new beretta neos .22 pistol and am looking for a red dot or pistol scope to go on the hood:dancin:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:2thumbsup: Red dots on pistols are awesome! I've got a Tasco PDP3 on the top of my .357. Its never given me a BIT of trouble.

My brother recently bought one and put on the top of his .44 also.......and........I've got one on my 12 gauge for turkey hunting. :D

Midway USA has them for $104.

:wave: Merry Christmas Steve!

Parker

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I have one on my 30-30...I hate it...I cant remember what it is but I'll get it this evening.

I'd love to un load it and go back to Iron sites.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I mounted a red dot on one of my Ruger Mark II's. It lasted for one trip to the woods.

I like to carry a .22 pistol when I am out wondering about and this setup was just too cumbersom. Also didn't see any more accuracy than my peep sights.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm with Parker on this one. He recommended the PPD3 for me and it's awesome. I was going to go with a Burris until I talked to him. Glad I saved some money:)

I shoot mine on a 12 gauge and they can take the beating!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:cheers: And I will agree, red dots are NOT for rifles, unless you're going to have a kid use it at short distances. Had one on a .243, and the dot was the size of a paper plate at 100 yards.....well.....you know what THAT means?! You CAN hit the paper plate EVERY time, but you CAN NOT get any more accurate than that because you're covering up the WHOLE PLATE. :stickfight:

:D Course.......I got the .243 for CHEAP because the original owner thought the problem was the GUN. :rof2:

Parker

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
:cheers: And I will agree, red dots are NOT for rifles, unless you're going to have a kid use it at short distances. Had one on a .243, and the dot was the size of a paper plate at 100 yards.....well.....you know what THAT means?! You CAN hit the paper plate EVERY time, but you CAN NOT get any more accurate than that because you're covering up the WHOLE PLATE. :stickfight:

:D Course.......I got the .243 for CHEAP because the original owner thought the problem was the GUN. :rof2:

nephew has one of those on his gun, i hate it with a passion...under 30 yards its good, beyond that...good luck

Parker

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
i'v got the aimpoint on my 44
and love it. i never was any good with irons

1 - 10 of 10 Posts