Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is about telecheck

O was told & don't know if it is true that last year we set a record archery harvest. IS THIS TRUE?

If so how much of this is due to telecheck?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
I would venture to guess that if anything was due to telecheck the numbers would be lower..
Why?

Telecheck should have nothing to do with numbers checked. You either play by the rules or you don't. In other words I either check my game(which i do) or I am they type that doesn't. Why would anyone who normally checks their game suddenly quit because it is easier than loading the darn thing up and drivin to town?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
I would venture to guess that if anything was due to telecheck the numbers would be lower..
?...................

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It could be somewhat because of tele-check. The system now is obviously easier so it might encourage people to check their archery kills that din't before.

Lets face it, it's a much better system. And thisa way you don't have to burn X dollars worth of gas to go let a convenience store clerk look at your deer to make it legal.

:cheers:

I'd rather think the increase in archery kills is because of increased popularity in archery hunting.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I also heard it was a record harvest for wemon. Lots of wives and girlfriends got their deer...also first year of telecheck. I am no mathmatician but that adds up to some funny buisness.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I always hear the response honest will be honest & the poacher will be a poacher. Maybe so but now is that poacher turning his harvest with a gun in as a bow kill. What about the guy that never gets close enough to that buck with a bow, now he or she harvested a giant. legal maybe but maybe not. I just think MY OPIONION that telecheck has increased illeagal activity. Take spring turkey hunting why stop at 1pm, all I got to do is call it in later todayand it is easy to get a bird in the afternoon (could be some ones thoughts).

1. telecheck is great for not haveing to drive all the way to check station.

2.You are able to start processing that deer or turkey right away thats a good thing.

3. Old Mike that lives down the road starts harvesting a good buck with a bow every year & doesn't even own a bow.

4. I'm not against telecheck, I think it is handy but think it will make a mostly honest guy little more unhonest.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Originally posted by T- Bone
What about the guy that never gets close enough to that buck with a bow, now he or she harvested a giant. legal maybe but maybe not.
3. Old Mike that lives down the road starts harvesting a good buck with a bow every year & doesn't even own a bow.
What you describe sounds like a Poacher, someone shooting things out of season. In my opinion a poacher is a poacher. Telecheck didn't suddenly make them dishonest and a poacher.:cheers:

·
1,197 Posts
T-Bone, from what I've read, the firearms and archery seasons yielded 11% fewer does and 5% fewer bucks last year. I assumed, from the article, that both archery and firearms seasons had gone down. The MDC had attributed the abundance of acorns as the reason. You can follow the link and read the article for yourself and draw your own conclusion.

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/hunt/deer/deertuk/one.htm

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
They still have'nt posted the season totals for archery. I would think they would be down some too,,,but until they are posted its hard to say for sure.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
For me, I like the telechek.. I had very good experiences with it last yr.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
The biggest PLUS for telecheck outside of the gas savings is that you can now legally quater up a big kill(after placing a cell call)instead of hauling it out and taking it to a check station--------

There are some good things that have came from this system. I know I was aginst it totally when they came out with it but from reading and educating myself about telecheck--I do see some some good things that have came from it.

I'm like most in the fact that I do NOT believe telecheck has had anybig change either way to the poaching problem----A Poacher is still a poacher-----

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
I love it as long as my cell works where I hunt:wink4:
Thats a good point..
One of the places I hunt, we need to drive up on the hill to get a signal..
we refer to it as the "phone booth" lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would be willing to bet that the only reason that Callaway County came in first in total firearm deer season is because of tel-a-check. Callaway did not have the 4 pt restirction and I'll bet alot of Cole county deer were checked in at Callaway.

I personally had a good telecheck experience but I really missed the check in station atmosphere in Lewis County. I always hunt opening weekend there and the Saturday evening road trip to the check in station was one that I always enjoyed. I have seen alot of really big deer that way.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had to stand in the bed of the truck then turn around a few times to find the best signal strength. Then, dumb a** here remembered I had OnStar in the truck and could have used it. Funny things happen in older age huh?????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.