Recognize this famous person?

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by Gamegetter, May 24, 2009.

1. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm on cloud nine shaking this guy's hand. I bet he's saying the same thing. :D

Anyone recognize him?

[file]58308[/file]

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Whitey ball!!

3. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Dropped off the daughter at the Spfd. Mo. airport - she is heading to Ecuador for a month - study abroad.

Go to eat breakfast at the Bob Evans and then Whitey gets seated one table away from me. I tell my wife I think its Whitey Herzog, but she says no and don't make a fool of myself by asking him. :roll2: Ask if I could get a picture of him, Got his autograph on my hat. Took a couple of pics with Whitey and then one of him and the mrs.

Then went fishing at Bennett and caught a few trout.

I'll miss my daughter for a month, but I'll never forget meeting my favorite baseball skipper (of my time).

[file]58310[/file]

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I sure do recognize him. I was his mailman at one time. He lived in Independence Missouri for years in a simple ranch style home probably not more than 1500 sq feet. I remember him mowing his grass on occasion and left his garage door open. He had a whole wall of his garage covered with baseball caps. He is one of the few celebrities that always was "just a normal guy".

5. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    How cool is that? Man I loved the style of ball he played, good pitching, speed on the base paths, and solid defence . :woot:

6. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    I had tears in my eyes when he said I could get my picture taken with him and I told him he's my favorite manager.

LaRussa has won a bunch of ball games and a World Series for the cards as well, but he doesn't hold a candle to Whitey as far as I'm concerned as a person, manager or fisherman. ;)

7. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    [rquote=1274098&tid=89197&author=Gamegetter] but he doesn't hold a candle to Whitey as far as I'm concerned as a person, manager or fisherman. ;)
    [/rquote]Yea Whitey is midwest and TLR is a left coast liberal, how could he be as good at stuff that really matters?

8. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Thats a fact Jack. ;) :D

[file]58316[/file]

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Sweet joe!

Shoulda told me you were in springtown!

10. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    the artist of small ball....

11. :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

12. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :cheers::cheers::claphands::claphands::claphands::woot::woot:

13. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
  14. BukWild

BukWild New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Fenton, MO 63026
  15. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Sorry Reb, with the daughter before she headed away for a month, I doubt my wifey would have been thrilled with the idea of having a quick get to gether with my MWT buds. Not that the thought never crossed my mind. :) It did, and this time the other family won out. I did have my MWT Gooseapalooza shirt on in case you didn't recognize it. See I didn't totally leave you folks hangin. ;)

16. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    ;) No prollem brother I def understand

17. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1274088&tid=89197&author=Mailman]I sure do recognize him. I was his mailman at one time. He lived in Independence Missouri for years in a simple ranch style home probably not more than 1500 sq feet. I remember him mowing his grass on occasion and left his garage door open. He had a whole wall of his garage covered with baseball caps. He is one of the few celebrities that always was "just a normal guy". [/rquote]

I actually grew up with Whiteys kids, went to school and played little league ball with em for years. Only lived 2 blocks away from em. When Whitey was in town he would come out and help Dad coach the team. Actually helped me get on the "Guys Potato Chips" Ban Johnson team. Funny thing about it all, as much as he knows baseball, his kids were worthless on the field :peepwall::hysterical: now they could play basketball though. Go figure :whistle:

18. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003