Rechargable spot lights......help!

Discussion in 'Bow Fishing' started by Whitmore44, May 25, 2009.

1. Whitmore44

Whitmore44 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    O'fallon, mo
    What is the best rechargeable spot light you know of? I am wanting to purchase a spot light I don't have to run off a generator or our of my truck. Hear a lot about most have a use time of less than 30-45 minutes. Any suggestions? Something powerful enough for bowfishing obviously.

Thanks.

2. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Stanley makes an awesome HID spotlight you can buy and wally world......It's tough to find though. It's not real big at all and it blows away my 15 million candle power spotlight.

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I can't help you on a good one. I bought a rechargeable one many years ago and figured worst case scenario I would just use it plugged into the cig. lighter in the truck. Even that didnt work and it would lose its charge in a few minutes. It was a total piece of junk.

4. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    if you are going to use them bowfishin .then why not just take a few car bats out with you and put some biggins on a inverter. just use 110 volt spots wire them up and use those spot light lamps that have the minin flour. in them and the batts will last for a long time. no need for a gen. in the boat. we use the inverter in the duck blind and it lastes for days.

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Use a surefire 9p and a princeton tech head lanp (lot smaller than the usual headlamp) and that does altright

6. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    When we was shooting at night before the halogens and generator, we use to use 4 and 5 cell mag lights. Not the brightest in the world but if you are in clear water or shooting fish on the surface it is great. Light weight not bulky and has many other uses

7. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I have a Brinkmann model and it doesnt last long either

8. Whitmore44

Whitmore44 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    O'fallon, mo
    [rquote=1274885&tid=89235&author=thompson]When we was shooting at night before the halogens and generator, we use to use 4 and 5 cell mag lights. Not the brightest in the world but if you are in clear water or shooting fish on the surface it is great. Light weight not bulky and has many other uses[/rquote]

How many lumens minimun?

9. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    [rquote=1275126&tid=89235&author=Whitmore44][rquote=1274885&tid=89235&author=thompson]When we was shooting at night before the halogens and generator, we use to use 4 and 5 cell mag lights. Not the brightest in the world but if you are in clear water or shooting fish on the surface it is great. Light weight not bulky and has many other uses[/rquote]

How many lumens minimun?[/rquote]

I have no clue

10. Whitmore44

Whitmore44 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    O'fallon, mo
    [rquote=1274854&tid=89235&author=fishshooter]Use a surefire 9p and a princeton tech head lanp (lot smaller than the usual headlamp) and that does altright [/rquote]

Meant to quote fishy!

How many lumens?

11. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    I don't know of any high-power, rechargeable spots that will last over 30-45 minutes of continuous use.

Will be watching this post and if you find one be sure and let us know.

12. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    you need to ask Watchmaker. He seems to be somewhat of a light guru.

13. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    ad870 - Does that mean he's smart, but doesn't weigh much? :peepwall:

14. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County