Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
42,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went back to the same spot i went yesterday... got there before daylight, hooted and a tom rattled the limbs from about 60 yards away.. My father and I set up just inside the woods and I waited til it was a bit lighter and began to call soft and slow... Practically every time id call the tom would cut me me in the middle... I called vary sparingly being I knew he had hens and was more or less trying to coax the hens to come in and the tom(s) would hopefully follow suit.. After they flew off the roost all was silent.. got a bit worried then at 6:30 out across the field i see two big toms in full strut then behin them came the hens :roll2:

After about 20 minute of watchin i began to cluck and purr at them and eventually brought the toms with in 40 yards and the hens came with in 10 and pecked at the deke and putted around..

didnt wanna risk the hens spookin the toms so i told my father to pick one out and drop the hammer... he did at 7:05 am.. dropped a real respecable ~2~ year old tom... And he was the little of the two..The other tom ran off about 70 yards and stopped and i was going to call him back in and take him myself but work was calling and had to be there by 9 so i let him go..

weighs approximately 21 pounds, 11" beard and 1" spurs.. my father is thrilled.. will have pics posted later, didnt have time as had to get to work..

VECtor calls played a huge role in the kill this morning.. Parker, your calls are SWEEEET...

:cheers:

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7

VECtor calls played a huge role in the kill this morning.. Parker, your calls are SWEEEET...

I agree those calls sure do the job. I enjoy an assist as much as I do taking one myself.

· Registered
17,005 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

at aboy dave.

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
to me a assist is sometimes more exciting you don't have control:wink4:

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7

Good deal! :D How cool is it that we both connected, just like we talked about last night?! :eek: Send that picture my way when its ready!

Parker

· Registered
42,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ya'll! :wave:

And i must agree, i do get more excitement seeing the face on someone when i call one in for em and they get it... its priceless... ;)

Yeah Parker, you got that right, twas a perfect day... looks like it'll be this evening for pics, but ill get em posted up just as soon as i can.

· Under appreciated
93,011 Posts
Sweet! Nice goin rebel :dancin:

Looking forward to the pics.

· Registered
14,501 Posts
:eek:
Congratulations

· Registered
8,764 Posts
Rebel congrats to your dad and you. In my mind you had the better deal this moring.:cheers:

Jack

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Congrat's Dave :cheers:. Maybe I need to talk you in to callin' in a bird for Alex ;), since Mike already shot the bird that Alex had taged for him during the yout hunt :moon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.