Rebel assists in the score...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Rebel2, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Well went back to the same spot i went yesterday... got there before daylight, hooted and a tom rattled the limbs from about 60 yards away.. My father and I set up just inside the woods and I waited til it was a bit lighter and began to call soft and slow... Practically every time id call the tom would cut me me in the middle... I called vary sparingly being I knew he had hens and was more or less trying to coax the hens to come in and the tom(s) would hopefully follow suit.. After they flew off the roost all was silent.. got a bit worried then at 6:30 out across the field i see two big toms in full strut then behin them came the hens :roll2:

After about 20 minute of watchin i began to cluck and purr at them and eventually brought the toms with in 40 yards and the hens came with in 10 and pecked at the deke and putted around..

didnt wanna risk the hens spookin the toms so i told my father to pick one out and drop the hammer... he did at 7:05 am.. dropped a real respecable ~2~ year old tom... And he was the little of the two..The other tom ran off about 70 yards and stopped and i was going to call him back in and take him myself but work was calling and had to be there by 9 so i let him go..

weighs approximately 21 pounds, 11" beard and 1" spurs.. my father is thrilled.. will have pics posted later, didnt have time as had to get to work..

VECtor calls played a huge role in the kill this morning.. Parker, your calls are SWEEEET...

:cheers:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Nothing wrong with an assist:cheers: Congrat to your dad and a big "WAY TO GO" for you:banana:

MoBowman ```---------->

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Great!!! Tell him congrats for us!

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    That was a great hunt :eek:

5. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Congrats to your dad and to you on the assist!:cheers:

Congrats also to your sponsor, Parker.

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
  7. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Way to go!

Congrat's :cheers:

8. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    I agree those calls sure do the job. I enjoy an assist as much as I do taking one myself.

9. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:

at aboy dave.

10. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    to me a assist is sometimes more exciting you don't have control:wink4:

11. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Good deal! :D How cool is it that we both connected, just like we talked about last night?! :eek: Send that picture my way when its ready!

Parker

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Thanks ya'll! :wave:

And i must agree, i do get more excitement seeing the face on someone when i call one in for em and they get it... its priceless... ;)

Yeah Parker, you got that right, twas a perfect day... looks like it'll be this evening for pics, but ill get em posted up just as soon as i can.

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Sweet! Nice goin rebel :dancin:

Looking forward to the pics.

14. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    Hea rebel nice going, tell your dad congrats from semohuntingguy

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:eek:
    Congratulations

16. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Rebel congrats to your dad and you. In my mind you had the better deal this moring.:cheers:

Jack

17. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep my father has been so thrilled.... been calling me off and on all day.. :D ive called in several for him over the years, but, when we've scouted hard over the last few months and it pays off... makes ya feel all warm inside :D

18. Congrat's Dave :cheers:. Maybe I need to talk you in to callin' in a bird for Alex ;), since Mike already shot the bird that Alex had taged for him during the yout hunt :moon:

19. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    thanks john.... :wave: Theres definately a BIG thumper still out there..

sorry ya'll no pics yet, didnt get home from work til after 9 and the kiddo wouldnt go to sleep and then had to be back to work by 8.. will try again for tonight...

20. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Sweeeet!!!! Congrats!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: