Realtree AP vs Mossy Oak Breakup

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by 160983, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 160983

160983 Guest

Im a big fan of mossy oak breakup. However finding fleece outerwear in this pattern seems near impossible.

Anybody use realtree AP in the oaks? It just seems a little light in color.

Input is appreciated as always.:pop:

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    I use Realtree AP and think it works great. This may seem odd, but the lighter patterns actually work better than the darker ones, the dark colors make you stand out alot more than a lighter, broken up pattern. Chris

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1871611&tid=130310&author=ccso640] I use Realtree AP and think it works great. This may seem odd, but the lighter patterns actually work better than the darker ones, the dark colors make you stand out alot more than a lighter, broken up pattern. Chris[/rquote]

agreed

4. 160983

160983 Guest

Thanks I hunt oak trees in a stand or usually in a blind. I guess it is time to give realtree a try if I want some quiet fleece.:cheers:

5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I wore MO for quite awhile...until I walked to get my brother out of his stand.

That dark pattern makes you look like a big black blob hanging out in a tree. If you ever have the chance to look at someone in a stand, and not a MO advertisement, you'll see what I mean. From any distance it's just a big black blob.

I think the realtree does a LOT better job of breaking up the silouhette

6. 160983

160983 Guest

I dont wanna be a big blob. Momma always said I was "husky".:whistle:

Thanks for the input. Going to Bass Pro tomorrow to find something quiet for cold weather.:cheers:

7. try m/o treestand or the new infinity. lots of fleece stuff avaliable in those patterns and u think they are great. i love my treestand for hunting the woods of the midwest n the fall

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I do really like the MONTH treestand pattern