really quick meremac question

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Jeremy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    me, kate (3) and matt (10) are headed to meremac in a few minutes, needed to know what we needed to have? trout stamp etc? do they sell tags and stamps there if we need them? how much does a fishing liscense and trout tag cost?

2. beagleboy6

beagleboy6 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Bates County
    [rquote=1285159&tid=89888&author=Jeremy]me, kate (3) and matt (10) are headed to meremac in a few minutes, needed to know what we needed to have? trout stamp etc? do they sell tags and stamps there if we need them? how much does a fishing liscense and trout tag cost?[/rquote]

if you are in the park, all you need is a fishing license and the daily tag. No trout stamps are required in the parks, only outside them.

daily tags are $3 for adults and $2 for kids, not sure the cost of the fishing licence though.

3. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I think a yearly fishing license is $9. :confused: You can also buy a daily fishing license there.

4. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I think it ran me $19 for hunting and fishing license. No trout stamps needed in the trout parks. Those are for places like Taneycomo, Maramec River trophy area, etc. Adult tag is $3 and kids is $2. You can also buy daily fishing permits, but I'm sure you fish enough that it's easier just to buy a seasonal permit.

Good luck. They were biting good down there this past Saturday.:cheers:

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    we're back, and the fishing sucked. 5.5 hours of fishing, no bites, no fish...notta. :mad2:

6. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    its all about timing....the first couple hours, sometimes minutes, are the best. especially at meramec, the going gets tough, the later it is. at meramec its because there is soooo much bait being thrown in the water, the fish get stuffed, and you get an occassional biter after that.

if you can make the buzzer, which is now prolly 6AM, thats the best time.

its a beautiful place though, beats the heck out of what i was doing today. did ya walk over by the cave, up at the top ?

7. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    nope, we pretty much did nothing but fish from the time we got there to the time i was about the throw some people in the water.:peepwall:

why, oh why....when its raining on and off and the park is nearly empty, would 2 people walk right to where we are sitting and shove themselves between me and my kids and start fishing?

8. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    cause they were eyeing up your bait..:peepwall:

i think that'd be time to do your best "i'm a physcho tangler" routine and snag up their lines til they left.

when greenhead and i started fishin Bennett together, maybe 8 yrs old, thats what he'd do to the big guys that would try and muscle him out of his spot, and get between us;)

it works!:cheers:

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    good idea, we'll have to do that next time. my kids can tangle a single line like nobodies business, i can just imagine the horror if they had other peoples lines out there as well:woot:

10. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    Had a buddy that would "sweep the streem". he would put on a huge bass lure and well you get the picture. I like Montauk because a lot of the lazy guys wont walk very far from a parking lot and you can find plenty of fish that are not being fished for.:claphands:

11. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    If it get's tough at the Mac' and I can see fish[polorized glasses a must]I take a white jig and cast it right where they are swimming,they will move away but want to come back.I keep my jig right there and it will agravate them.They will eventually nip at the jig,trying to get it to move out of their spot.I leave it,watching,maybe 5 minutes or so.They will eventually get mad and not try to eat it but grab it and move it away from the spot they want.It takes alot of patience but they like certain spots in the river and will protect the spot.It's probably not the technique for a guy with kid's to watch .........but it will work.:cheers: