re-Rolling your own fletching

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by FiremanBrad, Feb 9, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I have 2 different jigs, both work good...one is the Arizona EZ Fletch, does all three at a time if you wish...you can get different arms, with different degrees of offset, or straight...I also have a Bitzenburger, only does one fletch at a time, and is more of a helical, than an offset.... Like I said, both work good, plus you get the satisfaction of "rollin' yo' own"!!!!

2. Use the arizona and switch to dura-vanes they last much longer in the buscuit.

chad

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I have a jo-jan multifletcher, 3 bitzenberger single fletchers and 3 arizona ez fletchs..

By far, the jo-jan is the fastest accurate way to fletch, bitzenberger is good for fletching or repairing a single arrow.. the arizona ezfletch will adhere all three vanes simultaneously but takes practice to use accurately.

For the compound, I shoot 4"quickspins at a 4degree offset and the wiskerbiscuit does deform my vanes in time.. But I am prolly one of the only guys on here that is still shooting aluminums!

4. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    First, I prefer someone ELSE do it. I'd rather spend my free time shooting than working on crap.

Get ya some blazer vanes and get the heel rid of that worthless "biscuit" and you'll be in business. A Ripcord drop away would be a good replacement.

:cheers:

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Whiskerbiscuit here for going on 2 years.. tight groups, no complaints. :)

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I ate a biscuit once....

7. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh no, not you rat, you are not on the darkside too? :bangin:

8. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    I paid forthy five cents to get a vane and a feather re-done a coupla hours ago.....all done while I shot. I figure that is money well spent!

:cheers:

The biscuit is a fine hunting rest CP. That's as far as it goes.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh yes... DSG.. the dark side.

And you remember me from when I was but a young Annikan!

Hey.. I have no complaints about the biscuit. I have had two bad experiences with launchers at the moment of truth and HAD to do something.. I just love that whisker biscuit when I'm 25' high..

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I've got a bitz and have had for years. 1 arrow at a time just enough time to drink 12oz of yer fav bev and then time for another arrow...

I like my bisquit a lot also :wink:

11. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    I have 3 bitzenburgers and also use a 4 degree right offset.
    You can go right or left offset anywhere from 3-4 degrees. I use the Duravanes and also have a few hundred of the AAE. Now if you use the AAE vanes do not use a cleaning solution on them.

Like DSG said, pitch the bisquit and get a real rest. The Trophy Taker Shaker Hunter is also a great drop rest. I prefer to do my own and not wait on anyone else.

MoBowman ```--------->

12. Duravanes are the only ones i have found that will hold up good in the biscuit.
    And i like the arizona cause it is easier to get correct spacing between each fletching.
    chad.

13. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Actually a biscuit would be a perfect fit for a recurve CP. They are both antiques. :D

As far as vaneing your own arrows. If it comes down to cost. You will be WAY ahead to have someone else do it. Ax MoBowman how much he has in each of those Bitz's and you'll see what I mean.

The only thing you gain by doing your own may be some self satisfaction and a little convenience.

14. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    And whatsamatter with the biscuit ?

It's a no brainer easy to tune arrow won't fall off the rest...

15. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

A REST ON A RECURVE?????????? That's like wipin before ya poop, don't make no sense!!!!!!

16. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    You know DSG hthrly, just gotta be "on" something. The biscuit is an easy target. :D

17. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

:D

18. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    knew that one would bring ya out fireman.......good comeback! :rotfl:

19. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

hehee, I couldn't resist that one!!!

20. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit

DSG, hold onto your chair, $5 each on the Bitz's and I also pick up vanes for about $4 per hundred. Earl at BB's took real good care of me:D. Plus I'am probably doing couple hundred arrows a year.

Doing it myself is what I'am really after that and helping out some buddies. Have my own little shop in the garage:cheers:

MoBowman ```--------->