re: CCW while bowhunting

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by UrbanHunter, Oct 28, 2010.

1. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

While at the orientation meeting for the Swope managed hunt, I believe the MDC said EXPLICITLY that the new rules ALLOWED concealed carry while bowhunting.

Anybody else get that drift?:confused:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    That is the way I heard it also. I know that in 2011 it was suppose to go into effect state wide, but the way they put it on Monday night, everyone came out with it is OK now.....

Maybe it is just for this particular hunt, seeing as how we are out gunned in that area anyway :whistle:

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    The actual Law doesn't go into effect until March 2011. Other than that, I don't know. My neighbor works at the Capitol for a Rep. (R), of course.

4. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    That is what I had always heard Cherokee.

BUT, with our meeting Monday night on our special hunt in Swope Park, the MDC (with the KCPD present and the Parks and Recreation) the local CO was there also, they told us we could carry if we had our CCW. Now that may only be for just this hunt, but there was a lengthly conversation on the subject.

I will say also, that the area we are having this hunt is not the best part of town by far. Many drug dealers, homicides and that sort of thing going on 24 hours a day.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    So, old Swope ain't changed a bit! I used to live at the corner of Kentucky and Ditsler. Went thru Swope after dark once, last and only time. There was a whole lot of things going down, literally.:eek: