Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Dad. I was needing help spending my gift card at Cabelas. I asked him what i might need to add to my reloading bench. He suggested the RCBS powerstation. I read the reviews on Cabelas web site. I thought i would see iffin any of you all had this and your opinions. Also wonderin if I reload enough to make it worth while??

[file]45115[/file]

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Don't know how necessary it might be but it is a neat tool.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
They are great , I use my father in laws all the time:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
If you're loading a BUNCH of ammo, say, for a PD shooting trip, they are handy as can be. If you're just doing a small batch, not so much. I use mine quite a bit! If I only loaded a couple hundred rounds a year, I wouldn't bother getting one, but if you load more than that, by all means get one, they are as handy as a third hand.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
I think Mule's right, trimming is the worst chore going, and a power trimmer is the cat's backside:) The rest of it, chamfering and deburring, isn't too much of a chore, you can do it watching TV or something.

I use my buddy's Dillon trimmer if I have a bunch that need doing, THEN I bring them home and use my Prep Center on 'em. I also loan the Prep Center to my buddy when he needs to do up a bunch. That way, neither of us needs to spend a bunch of money:wave:.

·
Registered
69,522 Posts
I think you should definately get it since I don't have one of my own. Ya think I might borrow it....?

Would save me some bucks.

·
19,583 Posts
Nevermind...I just looked it up:

RCBS Trim Mateâ„¢ Power Station
Item:XJ-210587
$96.99

BTW ~ I have a Cabela's offer for $20 off, for any purchase over $100.

If you want the code, let me know...

It's good until January 12th, 2009

·
Registered
69,522 Posts
Is that coupon for a single purchase or total. If it is for a single....you're $3.01 short Rick.

I hate it when they use the .99 trick.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like my case trimmer. Do not really think i need a power trimmer??

[file]45124[/file]

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
Reference my other post, if you're shooting a whole lot, YES, if not, nope.

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,486 Posts
I got one and it is handy as heck.... Makes case prep a breeze.

I'd say get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts