Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot this 9pt. buck during our rifle season a couple of days ago. There were 5 bucks chasing one doe that was ready to breed. They were up on the opposite side of a drainage valley in thick brush. Running around in circles it was hard to keep my eyes on the best buck for about 15 minutes. I thought I saw a super nice buck up there. It was like watching a shell game. I'd see different deer come down lower into view and then back up. I watched this guy fend off 4 other bucks. He then came down with the doe and proceed to actually breed with the doe. (rare for most to be able to witness)

I thought he was the bigger deer with the thick brush around. However, I am very happy with him due to the bad weather and low deer sightings this week. I'm out of days to hunt so a trophy to me is based on the given conditions and circumstances. And this deer and the excitiment of the hot doe made him a great trophy to me!

It was a great hunt that I will always remember.

Please score him for me.

[file]79981[/file]

[file]79977[/file]

[file]79979[/file]

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:cheers::eek::

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
he didn't ask for a score:D

nice buck.:cheers:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Nice buck . 110"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.