Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Same boat. Hoping the cooler temps and rain will save fall plots and boost my clover plots into deep fall. Glad to see it finally raining. It's almost go time!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Same boat. Hoping the cooler temps and rain will save fall plots and boost my clover plots into deep fall. Glad to see it finally raining. It's almost go time!
That’s why I didn’t plant till last Monday. Now if we can get a nice rain once a week I will be very happy.
Mark

·
1,445 Posts
The last few years have been tough for fall food plots. Hopefully this year is a bit different. I don't think a drop of rain came down last September or not much did. Glad to see my clover plots getting wet.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just checked gauge 3" here at house. Hunting property is about 25 miles SE . Watching the radar bet it got about the same. Big Deer Creek runs though my property, I am sure its running very high. Was hoping for a more moderate rain but I will take it. Getting some moisture back is in the ground. Over seeded some plots with clover and cereal rye last week .

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,580 Posts
Next 2 weeks look dry. 0 rain chance. Back in 90s by friday.
Not here. We got 2 days of 60% chance next week. You keep your negativity outta mid mo!

·
Registered
46 Posts
We got about an inch near Kimberling City, perfect timing as I just finished the food plot yesterday. Looks like some more rain in the near forecast too.

·
just a no body
14,719 Posts
everything here is dried/burnt up..north nbrs beans are pathetic even deer dont come out to eat them. Got some WW and not going to bother throwing them out for maybe another 2 weeks as there is no more that a 1/4 " in the 10 day forecast.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep I got lucky with 2" about 10days ago. That revived most of my plots. The ones on higher ground will need to be replanted I am sure. Think I will only do ladino clover in high ground plots in the future. Deer love it, lasts for several years and is more tolerant of dry weather. Just mow couple times and good to go.
My property lays in a valley with two creeks running through it. Both have water year around as there are springs along the creeks. Also get very heavy dew on cool mornings. It was 56 out there this morning dew was unreal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Missouri Hunting mobile app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts