RAGE = JUNK

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Roscoe Dog, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    Cant get the blades to stay locked in the rubber o-rings. Just putting them in my quiver they open up. If you tap them on your hand they sound like the head is loose but its the blades rattling. They also open when you tap them on your hand. Tried new o-rings and that didnt help. Just don't trust them now.

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    need the dental rubberband, around the blades themselves

pic from hambone's post

[file]145085[/file]

3. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
  4. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Haven't had that problem. New rings would be my suggestion. These factory or replacement blades?
    Mine work GREAT!

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1873932&tid=130525&author=MellerAM]need the dental rubberband, around the blades themselves[/rquote]yep thats what i do and one of these days i am gonna get to use them:D

6. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1873945&tid=130525&author=coyotehunter][rquote=1873932&tid=130525&author=MellerAM]need the dental rubberband, around the blades themselves[/rquote]yep thats what i do and one of these days i am gonna get to use them:D[/rquote]

When you do you will not be disappointed! I wasn't, neither was another member I know...

7. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    My boss has lost 2 deer this year because of Rages:rof2:,gotta blame it on somethin

8. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    Just rotate the ring.....

9. DAWG

DAWG New Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Marionville
    haven't had that problem with my muzzys:thinking:

10. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    Tried new o-rings. They are factory blades. Pulled the o-ring out and got them ingage butt as soon as you tap them on your hand they open.

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1873978&tid=130525&author=Roscoe Dog]Tried new o-rings. They are factory blades. Pulled the o-ring out and got them ingage butt as soon as you tap them on your hand they open.[/rquote]well don't tap them:hysterical:

12. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Where you get those rubber bands you put around the actuall blades.

13. Teton

Teton New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    buchanan co
    [rquote=1873933&tid=130525&author=Hannibal Bowhunter]Go back to fixed blades.[/rquote]

X2... rubbers,we dont need no stinking rubbers:D

14. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1873978&tid=130525&author=Roscoe Dog]Tried new o-rings. They are factory blades. Pulled the o-ring out and got them ingage butt as soon as you tap them on your hand they open.[/rquote]

Aren't they supposed to open when you hit them... :scared:

15. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't have a problem keeping them closed when I am drawing back, thats all that I am worried about. If I push them into the quiver to far then they will open. I always check that the head is tight and the blades aren't open before I nock a arrow anyway.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    pretty sad you spend over 50 dollars for the fabncy new broadheads you have to modify right out of the box. if your car doors flew open while you were driving youd be screaming JUNK JUNK JUNK...not so with the rages.:toilet:

17. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Rages are nice, but little things like this and the fact they break so easy on a shot made me go back to Reapers. They do rip a hole through a deer though. Personally I prefer the three blade version myself. :cheers:

18. Monofletch

Monofletch Senior Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Midwest
    I have 2 packs of the rubber bands if anyone wants some u2u me with your shipping info.

19. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    Can i have your junky rage broadheads?