Rage Believer w/pics (Graphic Photos)

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by grunter73, Nov 9, 2010.

1. grunter73

grunter73 Active Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Lincoln County
    I've always used muzzys, past 20 years, but bought a new mathews in the spring, and just had to try the new rage. Sat morning I got to try one out. I'm sold, I shot this one at 32 steps and it dropped at 48. Awesome hole. I agree the blades do like to pop out of o-ring, but once you knock your arrow, there is no problem. I think the stories that we hear they don't expand, are that they were not seated in the o-ring.

[file]147151[/file]

2. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    ive shot both. i have had that problem with the 2 blade but never once have i had that problem with the 3 blade. rage is all that i have ever shot

3. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Ive also had better luck with the three blade Rages staying closed.

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Awesome... all of these mechanicals need some attn but for the most part, I havent had too many problems.
    Looks like it worked for ya!

5. RznShooter

RznShooter Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Reeds Spring Mo
    whoda thought a mathews and a rage could kill a deer always thought you needed a hoyt and a grim reaper:stirpot:

6. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    [rquote=1888367&tid=131547&author=big_buck_down]whoda thought a mathews and a rage could kill a deer always thought you needed a hoyt and a grim reaper:stirpot:[/rquote]

I thought you needed a PSE and a T3

7. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Nice, welcome to the Rage believers club!

8. MissouriBoy

MissouriBoy New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    [rquote=1888308&tid=131547&author=seth_turner_04]Ive also had better luck with the three blade Rages staying closed.[/rquote]

I have the opposite problem. My two blade stay closed my 3 blade do not. I learned of a dental rubber band fix on another post I am going to try.

9. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Good deal but lots of heads make wounds like that. Congrats.

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Heck, I know guys killin em with a sharp ROCK on the end of their arrahs!!! Sure don't have to worry about orings with rocks...LOL!!! Good shot placement is the key!!!:D:wave:

11. grunter73

grunter73 Active Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Lincoln County
    [rquote=1922806&tid=131547&author=hun10]Good deal but lots of heads make wounds like that. Congrats.[/rquote]

I've been bow hunting for over 20 years, and have shot plenty, and this broadhead gets my vote!:trophy: Everyone can complain all they want, just send them my way if u don't want em' :D

12. Transplanted Hoosier

Transplanted Hoosier New Member

Oct 16, 2002
    HOME AT LAST!!
    You can't argue with success BUT.....

You ain't seen a hole till you see what one of these do

http://www.trophyridge.com/broadheads/hammerhead/

They come with the rubber bands, extras are expensive but I have gone to an orthodontist and gotten ~50, and they didn't even charge me and I told them i didn't any patient relationship with them.

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Pretty colorful photo in your original post but I'm sticking to my Meat Seekers......

[file]152196[/file]

14. Spartan46

Spartan46 New Member

I say shoot whatever YOU like and what you're confident in. Obviously that one works for you. Congrats!:eek::

15. grunter73

grunter73 Active Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Lincoln County
    [rquote=1923066&tid=131547&author=Spartan46]I say shoot whatever YOU like and what you're confident in. Obviously that one works for you. Congrats!:eek::[/rquote]

I agree.:cheers::cheers:

Mailman those meatseekers look nasty!! I've never seen them. Looks like they should be on the end of a spear.:D

16. 76_michael

76_michael Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    :claphands:Can't beat the RAGE:eek::

17. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    [rquote=1923373&tid=131547&author=76_michael]:claphands:Can't beat the RAGE:eek::[/rquote]

Agree to disagree.

18. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I didnt have to pull mine apart with my hands
    :whistle::whistle::whistle:

[file]152246[/file]

19. RAKMAN

RAKMAN Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Cape Girardeau
    I like them, but they are not a great broadhead for stalking. The blades do pop out upon the slightest contact with brush and in the intensity of a stalk you very well may have open blades when you get your shot. Great for treestands.