Quivers.....

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by FiremanBrad, Feb 3, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

No, not the dyin' quivers, the other kind!!!!! Bored again, figured I'd take a few pics of some different quivers I use from time to time...the first one is made from the first 'yote I ever killed, and did it with a bow, back in the compound days...4 yd shot on the ground...he didn't like that thunderhead very well, made it hard to breath!!! I had it tanned, and sewed it meself around an inexpensive leather backquiver...even used the zipper pouch, and knife sheath....just don't git yo hair caught in da zipper!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

This next one, is custom made, from elk hide....by (I think) Shrivers custom leather or something like that, in the KC area....It's a plains Indian style, work with the strap over your shoulder, and the arrows are more horizontal...the flap is folded out over the fletching in bad weather...the arrows fit in snug, and the quiver can be turned upside down and not fall out...good stalkin quiver, but you have to use 2 blade broadheads...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

This last one is a basket quiver, made in Lamoni, Iowa, by some good Amish folks, I sewed on the leather strap...good quiver on a hot day, the coyote quiver gets pretty hot on the back!!!

[​IMG]

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Very cool stuff there Fireman. That coyote one is awesome especially for a home project!
    Just out of curiosity, what did the other two quivers run price wise?

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

the plains quiver was over 100 bucks, the basket cost me 12!!!!! Next time I'm up that way, I'll buy all those baskets he has...

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Very nice fireman.. real nice, in fact!

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Thanks guys....I get alot of "roadkill" comments when I'm wearin the dog!!!! That, and all the kids pull on the tail...lol