Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just apply yourself a little more in life and be able to afford to hunt some private instead of saying it's the governments fault you don't get to hunt.

This is the core of what's wrong with this country.

I mean really we shouldn't be complaining about student loans being paid off. I instead we should be worried about the government providing you a place to kill a duck. I
t's your right.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah tax payers money to make gov officials rich but cant hunt the land we pay for is even richer!!! Sure wish deer hunting was the same way thatbits was managed thru whole state on a lottery and if you dont get drawn well have a $5000 lease or dont hunt and complain

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Yeah tax payers money to make gov officials rich but cant hunt the land we pay for is even richer!!! Sure wish deer hunting was the same way thatbits was managed thru whole state on a lottery and if you dont get drawn well have a $5000 lease or dont hunt and complain
Sounds pretty dam similar to how deer hunting is.

quick draw- managed hunts

open conservation areas for ducks- open areas for deer

lease duck hunting land or a blind at a club- lease deer hunting land

work hard and buy your own wetland- work hard and buy your own deer hunting land

knock on doors, hunt with family, hunt with friends on their private wetlands, crop fields, or irrigation lakes- knock on doors, hunt with family, hunt with friends on their deer hunting land

Don't put any effort out and ***** and moan that you're getting screwed because no one is serving ducks to you on a silver plate- Don't put any effort out and ***** and moan that you're getting screwed because no one is serving deer to you on a silver platter

Go on internets and blame everyone but yourself that you're not killing ducks- go on internets and blame everyone but yourself that you're not killing deer

Am I missing anything?

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
Am I missing anything?
That covers it I would say.

Comparing duck hunting to deer hunting in this state is absolutely idiotic. As soon as the deer sprout wings, migrate and are state AND federally managed, I would say they might be similar. Deer are adapted to a much broader range of habitats than are ducks. Any modicum of critical thought would bring a person to this conclusion. Some people try to think and nothing happens I guess.

People apply for managed deer hunts and get turned down all the time. I really dont see any deer hunters complaining that they didnt get drawn and should be granted because they bought the land as a result of their very small individual tax contribution and should be granted unfettered access.

Most of the successful duck hunters I know work very hard for their ducks and spend time working at it instead of complaining that they dint get drawn. It SHOULD be hard. I have high praise for people who kill ducks on the regular because I know what it takes. Many of those folks are on this very forum and I hear nary a complaint at all. In fact, those guys arent the kind to apply for quickdraw and sit back doing nothing hoping to get drawn. Most of them consider it a bonus to get drawn in addition to the other setup and work they have done during the season.

High praise indeed.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sounds pretty dam similar to how deer hunting is.

quick draw- managed hunts

open conservation areas for ducks- open areas for deer

lease duck hunting land or a blind at a club- lease deer hunting land

work hard and buy your own wetland- work hard and buy your own deer hunting land

knock on doors, hunt with family, hunt with friends on their private wetlands, crop fields, or irrigation lakes- knock on doors, hunt with family, hunt with friends on their deer hunting land

Don't put any effort out and * and moan that you're getting screwed because no one is serving ducks to you on a silver plate- Don't put any effort out and * and moan that you're getting screwed because no one is serving deer to you on a silver platter

Go on internets and blame everyone but yourself that you're not killing ducks- go on internets and blame everyone but yourself that you're not killing deer

Am I missing anything?
That in cant hunt like i used to but hey you think i can and ahouldnt complain so just keep spouting from that ignorant mouth

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That covers it I would say.

Comparing duck hunting to deer hunting in this state is absolutely idiotic. As soon as the deer sprout wings, migrate and are state AND federally managed, I would say they might be similar. Deer are adapted to a much broader range of habitats than are ducks. Any modicum of critical thought would bring a person to this conclusion. Some people try to think and nothing happens I guess.

People apply for managed deer hunts and get turned down all the time. I really dont see any deer hunters complaining that they didnt get drawn and should be granted because they bought the land as a result of their very small individual tax contribution and should be granted unfettered access.

Most of the successful duck hunters I know work very hard for their ducks and spend time working at it instead of complaining that they dint get drawn. It SHOULD be hard. I have high praise for people who kill ducks on the regular because I know what it takes. Many of those folks are on this very forum and I hear nary a complaint at all. In fact, those guys arent the kind to apply for quickdraw and sit back doing nothing hoping to get drawn. Most of them consider it a bonus to get drawn in addition to the other setup and work they have done during the season.

High praise indeed.
I have duck hunted spots and ways that would put you to shame but see now i cant so yes my hunts depend on mdc ada blinds but you all just keep spouting what ya dont know about me as all i can do is laugh at your ignorance

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That in cant hunt like i used to but hey you think i can and ahouldnt complain so just keep spouting from that ignorant mouth
I'm definitely not ignorant of the time and effort it takes to kill ducks consistently in Missouri. That's why i don't do it anymore because I have 3 young kids that take priority over the time required. That's not the MDC's fault and neither is whatever your situation is.

The ignorance is in your previous "poor me" statement that you wish deer hunting was the same as duck hunting in Missouri. The dollars and relationships it takes for either are very similar. You haven't lost duck hunting opportunity because of the mdc, but because you can't hunt like you used to. If you weren't such a JO on the internet all the time, who knows, you may even get invites to hunt private property.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I enjoy being a JO on the internet as everything is true if you see it in the internet right?? Its almost like trumps mean tweets that dems didnt like as you all remind me of thin skin dems

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Valley I have a 4 spot open if I draw otter in the morning! Only had 112 parties today. 29 spots

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
When has GP ever shut the pumps down during season. Heck they are still pumping after it closes.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
I have not been to GP in years. Can't get a reservation. Poor odds to show up and draw a spot. I guessed it may have been low river levels. Have them open up the dams up river.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts