question

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by winger, Oct 26, 2010.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i realize that it is close to season and i am running he risk of being lynched for even asking at this time but i owuld like to know. i heavy shot really the equivalent to rage broadheads. does it mean i won't have to shoot as well and still kill ducks dead as a hammer with marginal shot placement. some people were discussing this on another site and this was one of their arguments that even marginal shots that would usually result in lost game ended up in dead ducks. you believe it?:confused:

2. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    i am no way, no how going to spend that much money to shoot at ducks. i shoot and have great luck with the winchester xpert hi velocity.

3. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    yes with the without the proper lead, swing and follow through hevi shot will infact swerve in front onf duck and send them to threir death boat:cheers:

also, I cannot believe you didn't know the answer and if zI didn't know better you were stirring the pot!

4. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    one of my favorite times in the blind was a few years back. was hunting with a guy that owns a sporting goods store. he was bragging about some kind of heavy shot. a group of birds came in, he shot 3 times and missed each time. he looked up and said "dang that just cost me about $6 or $7". next group came in, i shot 3 times and knocked down 2 birds. I looked right at him, laughed and said "that just cost me about $2:D

5. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    i sure hope no one is admitting to taking a marginal shot over there. bring em over here, would ya? :stickfight::stickfight::stickfight::quackquack:

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1863920&tid=129788&author=20 feet high]yes with the without the proper lead, swing and follow through hevi shot will infact swerve in front onf duck and send them to threir death boat:cheers:

also, I cannot believe you didn't know the answer and if zI didn't know better you were stirring the pot![/rquote]

i could not know the answer because i'm like riverbottom hunter, i don't buy that high dollar stuff. it's a valid question. got to tell you, seeing this huge holes in deer it's starting to make me wonder if rages are not what they are hyped up to be and when the argument that heavy shot was the equivelant, got me to wondering. if i was stirring the pot i would be on the deer thread talking about kids, thank you.:rof2:

7. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1863930&tid=129788&author=winger][rquote=1863920&tid=129788&author=20 feet high]yes with the without the proper lead, swing and follow through hevi shot will infact swerve in front onf duck and send them to threir death boat:cheers:

also, I cannot believe you didn't know the answer and if zI didn't know better you were stirring the pot![/rquote]

i could not know the answer because i'm like riverbottom hunter, i don't buy that high dollar stuff. it's a valid question. got to tell you, seeing this huge holes in deer it's starting to make me wonder if rages are not what they are hyped up to be and when the argument that heavy shot was the equivelant, got me to wondering. if i was stirring the pot i would be on the deer thread talking about kids, thank you.:rof2:[/rquote]

touche, I like working the ducks so no need for hevi shot, besides I don't think they make it in a .410:cheers:

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1863944&tid=129788&author=20 feet high][rquote=1863930&tid=129788&author=winger][rquote=1863920&tid=129788&author=20 feet high]yes with the without the proper lead, swing and follow through hevi shot will infact swerve in front onf duck and send them to threir death boat:cheers:

i could not know the answer because i'm like riverbottom hunter, i don't buy that high dollar stuff. it's a valid question. got to tell you, seeing this huge holes in deer it's starting to make me wonder if rages are not what they are hyped up to be and when the argument that heavy shot was the equivelant, got me to wondering. if i was stirring the pot i would be on the deer thread talking about kids, thank you.:rof2:[/rquote]

touche, I like working the ducks so no need for hevi shot, besides I don't think they make it in a .410:cheers:[/rquote]

:bowing::bowing::bowing:

me too, guess i should have thought about that before posting, asnwer really doesn't matter. but i ain't good enough to kill them with a .410. unless, they make heavy shot for them and they are the equivelant to rages.:D

9. with all this rage talk i think you are stirring the pot

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    i prefer marginal shots, you know like on tv

good shootin boys after 26 shots for one hen mallet

:claphands: