Question

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by coonman, Nov 10, 2010.

1. coonman

coonman Member

When applying for a QD , It says check this box if Disabled Veteran. Here is my question, Veterans have ratings, so how much of that rating do you have to have to check that box? I can't find it on the MDC site, but that new site is alot smarter than me.

Reason I ask is I am considered a disable veteran, but not enough to be exempt from purchasing license and other special privilages as those.

2. quackattack99

quackattack99 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I also have a question regarding QD. Can you only apply for one day during each draw period?

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1889642&tid=131630&author=coonman]When applying for a QD , It says check this box if Disabled Veteran. Here is my question, Veterans have ratings, so how much of that rating do you have to have to check that box? I can't find it on the MDC site, but that new site is alot smarter than me.

Reason I ask is I am considered a disable veteran, but not enough to be exempt from purchasing license and other special privilages as those. [/rquote]

You would only check that if you were wanting the ADA blind.

:cheers:

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1889644&tid=131630&author=quackattack99]I also have a question regarding QD. Can you only apply for one day during each draw period? [/rquote]

You can apply for every single day... one area per day.

:cheers:

5. quackattack99

quackattack99 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
  6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  7. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    But if you are 60% or more rated disabeld veteran you can get a letter stating that from the VA and then get that letter to MDC and you will get a caed from MDC statting it is your small game and fishing lisence.

Basically 60% or greater disabeld veteran dont have to pay for there small game and fishing lisence. You just cary that card with you in lew of the lincence.

Thank you for your servece.

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Even if you are not aplying for teh ada blind if you have that letter from the VA stating you are 60% or greater disabeld and you use that inlew of buying your smal game and fishign lisence you would check that box as well. The QD system will make note of it and you simple show the letter stating tttthat your small game and fishing is free due to veterans % when you at teh desk at chekc in.

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1894119&tid=131630&author=Longbow26] Even if you are not aplying for teh ada blind if you have that letter from the VA stating you are 60% or greater disabeld and you use that inlew of buying your smal game and fishign lisence you would check that box as well. The QD system will make note of it and you simple show the letter stating tttthat your small game and fishing is free due to veterans % when you at teh desk at chekc in.[/rquote]

ONLY check disabled if you wish to take your chances in the ADA blind.

10. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    there's 2 boxes

Apply for a Hunt

Disabled Veteran:

(Only check this box if you are a disabled veteran with a certified statement of eligibility from the Veterans Administration.)
    Disabled Accessible Waterfowl Blind Hunt:

( Only check this box if you are applying for a Disabled Accessible Waterfowl Blind Hunt.)

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Oh maybe there is two then, i only filled out the thing once neways :toilet:

12. coonman

coonman Member

Thanks Guys. I'm not 60% rated so thats what I was wondering. There is 2 different boxes to check just wondering might try to call one of the offices sometime this week.

Thanks

13. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    If your not 60% or greater rated service conected disability you will not get the free small game and fishing tag exemption letter and there is no nead for you to check the second box.

The reason that box is there is since it is a computer run qd system tued into the licence system, ig you were to aply for a qd spot and get picked and you did have the letter from the VA thus not buying your small game tag. The computer woudl flag your name as neading to perchese small game tag in order ot be legally able to hunt duck or geese. Checking that box lets teh computer know you have the exemption and it wont red flag your name.