Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too am a taxidermist and just been into it about a year now. I am considering buying another airbrush, for maybe an up grade and to have an extra around just in case the one I have needs a new part and I'm in the middle of needing to finish something. So my question is what airbrush have you found to be the best and why? I currently use a doubel action pasche I got at taxi school. I looked for information on airbrushes on taxi net, but all the post I found there was, my airbrush is better than yours, because it is. Thanks for anyone who has input.

·
Strutt Buster
5,927 Posts
mine is a blue point, but i don't really think they all are that much differant, just in the assesory cups that you may get with it. Mine came with like 4 or 5 differant cups. Ck with Grizzley.com, I know they sell some for the guys that are into making guitars, and they are reasonably priced. But I'm sure most are the syfon type application, don't think I've ever seen a gravity feed air brush, could be wrong tho. Mine does have an adjustable nozzle to control the syfon effect if it helps.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
well i got Iwata,and a couple of paasche's.double and single action gravity fed ones.to me their all about the same.the important part is getting the right needle , paint flow and air pressure going on.and the paint schedule of course.havn't been on taxidermy net in years.just a bunch of egos over there:D

·
Registered
992 Posts
If you are finishing small mammals and deer, then the paasche is a fine brush. I've got an Iwata detail brush for painting fish and some birds, but the paasche gets the most use in my shop. To me the most important thing with airbrushes is keeping them clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.