Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using one for two years, I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Is there any truth that you can or can't shoot right or left hand helical fletching, you have to shoot straight. I shoot pretty good with it, but my groups aren't as tight as they used to be.

·
5,631 Posts
I can't say for sure but I think you have to shoot straight or a slight offset. I think you'd tear your vanes to shreads using a helical.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I think Jmac is right. I've shot a Wb for 4 or 5 years now as well. I'm sure you could shoot helical fletch but I imagine it would cause alot of refletching. I know you can shoot offset because I have since I've had it and I've never had to refletch an arrow. Actually still have a few that are as old as the rest and have been shot a ton and killed a few deer...still havn't had to refletch.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i was shooting off set though my wisker and didn't have any problems just put an extra drop of gule were the vanes begain on the shaft

blazers are trully the way to go with the wisker as well

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
I've refletched a bunch of my arrows with a right helical and haven't any problems shooting them through my WB. Occasionally, I'll get some fletchings that will come off, but not very many.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
right helical

I cannot speak for left helical but right helical works just fine through a WB. It truly is a magnificent rest with respect to tuning issues as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.