Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you become certified in one state to carry a CCW, and move, It that liscense transferable??

·
Registered
21,191 Posts

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know that it is legal for a Texan to carry in Missouri and viceversa.... Just wondering if that Missourian would move here, would he have to get a Texas Liscense? Or just wait for the renewal?

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I would think that the answer is no.
Reciprocity between states is a lot different than residency. It might make it a considerable easier and shorter process though...

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1530881&tid=106699&author=cfrazee_mo]I WOULD CALL AND ASK, I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER AND CANNOT FIND THAT ANSWER. BUT I BET YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO REDO THE WHOLE CLASS BECAUSE THEY TEACH STATE LAWS! WHICH SUCKS! [/rquote]

Not for me but a buddy.... I might shoot them an email for him...

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1530888&tid=106699&author=cfrazee_mo]TRUST ME IT TAKES 2-5 DAYS TO GET AN EMAIL BACK FROM THEM!!!! I HAVE PLAYED THEIR GAME! CALLT HE 800 NUMBER AND IT WILL BE A LOT FASTER!!!! [/rquote]

Thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1530853&tid=106699&author=Gakic24]If you become certified in one state to carry a CCW, and move, It that liscense transferable??[/rquote]

It all depends on the laws of the state through which the permit was acquired. For example, Missouri does not issue non-resident CCW permits. In order to obtain a Missouri endorsement, you must be a Missouri resident. Once you are no longer a legal resident, your endorsement is invalid right there on the spot.

That said, there are several states that will accept the Missouri CCW Course training as acceptable firearms safety training to obtain their permit. For example, the Missouri CCW Course also meets the requirements for a Florida permit. If you took your training here, obtained the Missouri permit, and then later moved to Florida, in theory, all you would have to do is provide proof of your previous training and apply for a resident Florida permit.

Each state has their own laws that regulate concealed firearms and the training requirements of their residents. There is no "one size fits all" training class that would cover you in every state.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1530874&tid=106699&author=Gakic24]I do know that it is legal for a Texan to carry in Missouri and viceversa.... Just wondering if that Missourian would move here, would he have to get a Texas Liscense? Or just wait for the renewal?[/rquote]

No, if a Missouri resident whom possessed a valid Missouri CCW endorsement were to move to Texas, his/her Missouri endorsement would no longer be valid. That person would either have to acquire a Texas permit, or a non-resident permit from another state that Texas recognized.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1530942&tid=106699&author=Gakic24]Doesnt Missouri Recognize th Texas Permit though?[/rquote]

Missouri recognizes EVERY valid permit issued by any other state, or political subdivision of any other state. The operative word here is valid. A Missouri permit is only valid if you are a legal Missouri resident. Once you move from this state, it isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whatif someone moved from Oklahoma or Texas to Missouri... Would they have to restest and get recertified to legally carry... As well as pay the full price?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1530947&tid=106699&author=Gakic24]Whatif someone moved from Oklahoma or Texas to Missouri... Would they have to restest and get recertified to legally carry... As well as pay the full price?[/rquote]

For that, you would have to check with Texas and/or Oklahoma laws. To my knowledge, Texas and Oklahoma do not issue non-resident permits. I suspect that, like the Missouri permit, it would become invalid once you changed your residency. And neither CCW course (Texas or Oklahoma) would satisfy the firearms training requirements of Missouri. The choices for that person would be to take the Missouri course and apply for a Missouri permit and pay the full price, or use the training they received in Texas or Oklahoma to apply for a non-resident Florida or Maine permit which would be perfectly valid here in Missouri.

IMO, you are always better off to have a permit issued by the state in which you reside.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
CCL

I got a Utah permit. It is good in MO and a lot of other states. If I change my residence I only have to notify them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.