Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few nylon shotgun bandoliers and one riffle bandolier that has stretch fabrick as the loops. Over time the memory part of the loops to stay tight around the shells has worsend and when i move the bandolears around some rounds fall out.

Is there any way to get the fabrick loops tight again? I keep the rounds in the bandolier since they my 25 rounds of 00 buck shot for 12ga home defence and rifle bandolier is 20 rounds of 35rem last ditch home defence aplication. NO time to be putting rounds in the bandolier when the wolfs are kicking in the door.

Or is it time to buy more bandoliers once the loops get to lose to hold the rounds tightly?

·
Registered
876 Posts
IMO they are worn out and would be best to buy new ones or go with leather ones which will last longer but still will eventually wear over time if ammo is stored in them constantly....:cheers:

P.S. Im not sure of your reasoning behind the need to have 25rds of ammo for 2 different weapons at the ready but to each his own....But if I felt that need I would seriously consider moving :02:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
[rquote=1591338&tid=110430&author=missouri10x]

P.S. Im not sure of your reasoning behind the need to have 25rds of ammo for 2 different weapons at the ready but to each his own....But if I felt that need I would seriously consider moving :02:[/rquote]

Where would you go? Everywhere in the state doors get kicked in by uninvited guests. That is why 90,000 Missouri Citizens are legally carrying.

·
19,117 Posts
to buy some time and add SOME life to the elastic, you could try adding a stitch or 2 to tighen it up some

·
Registered
876 Posts
[rquote=1591480&tid=110430&author=Mule][rquote=1591338&tid=110430&author=missouri10x]

P.S. Im not sure of your reasoning behind the need to have 25rds of ammo for 2 different weapons at the ready but to each his own....But if I felt that need I would seriously consider moving :02:[/rquote]

Where would you go? Everywhere in the state doors get kicked in by uninvited guests. That is why 90,000 Missouri Citizens are legally carrying.[/rquote]

I carry and i also believe in home defense and i defend whats mine and those i care for with a glock 20c but that weapon is kept from view and away from any that do not need access to it in a fingerprint safe. I was mearly asking the reasoning behind the need for all of that...... Also please read that i said "to each his own" and i also said it was just my :02: so take it as that = to a grain of salt.......:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fear not the ammo badolears are rt next to each gun that sit in a gun cabanet. Thouhg i do have 3 other badolear sets in dif spots around the house ( spots that I force as being defensabel positions/fall back to positions )

There is not a spot on GODS green that I dont feal comfortable being at with out least one fire arm at arms reach, Even then I not to comfortable unless I have a back up with in reach as well.

I do my best not to go to plases that forbid my God given right to protect my self. But on ocasion I have to so the peace of mind items stay in the veicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.